Where to get a bicycle rack for car?

Kelpie

Anyone have a trunk bicycle rack they don't need and can sell cheap? Think of bringing the kids and the bikes to East coast this weekend for cycling.

Edited by Parkingidiot
↡ Advertisement

saris is definitely the best in the market.. i had the 2 bones for a while but i sold it off last year, cos i realised that i could cycle almost anywhere and everywhere i wanted. [sweatdrop]

ya thats what I'm thinking....don't feel like buying another rack....I can cycle everywhere now and it's really fun. You see/experience many things you don't when you drive/take public transport.

But the main problem is...thats for myself only. I cannot bring along my family/kids.....they also want to cycle!

So now no choice....have to look for a durable rack cos those cheap ones just wouldn't last - and they aren't that cheap afterall. I've seen the hollywood one and it seems quite good. But it was mentioned in some forums that some ppl saw some dents when they used the hollywood one.

Like Mercuri mentioned, those without strings and hooks need to be attached to the rear wheel mount. A good one will prob cost more than your bike.

As for those with strings and hooks, Saris is a pretty good brand and it cost around $200. Be prepared for some rubbing at the support points on your car. And frankly speaking, mounting the bicycle rack prob takes the same amount of time as your current method. [;)]

Since you are not riding dirt tracks, given a choice, I'll just dump the bike in the boot. Only use the bike rack when I need to carry 2 or more bicycles or when I know the bike is gonna be dirty after the ride. But most of the time, I just ride to the trials, get all muddy, and then cycle home again.

That's a nice beemer...is it purple?

is it a permanent fix? i was thinking can we take out if we are not using it or we must fix it on even if we are not using it?

i was also thinking of getting one because considering getting bikes to cycle every weekend..

Neutral Newbie

What's the best way to travel on Nissan Latio with 2 bicycles ? Get a top rack ? Where to buy ? Got 2nd hand rack to put the 2 bicycles ? Easy to handle ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

i have 4 pieces of the aero roof rack foot pack for sale at 100. Cars with vertical bars on the roof sides can use the. Eg, Hyundai Tucson. All you need is the purchase the horizontal aero loading bars and bike racks to complete the set up. You can get me at 96557646.

Something similar to this below.

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-400XT-Aero-Roo...8610&sr=8-5

Hi ,yr roof rack stll available for sale? Wonder canfit onto opel combo van ?

Thks

Neutral Newbie

Does anyone know where I can get a roof rack for 2 bicycles installed for my Toyota Prius? Not keen on getting a "branded" one; just a mid-range functional one that will do its job well & reliably enough yet not attract thieves, cos I don't intend to remove the rack from the car ever.

I have one for sale but its for normal sedan with boot, put behind type

hi how much are you letting it go for ? mine is the sedan version . headache

rack have to check see which model is suited for ur car..

once fixed..the bicycle rack should be universal.

A few frds regretted buyin thule roof rack for bicycle..unless ur car roof is low, or ur bicycle is very light or you're strong..haha.

Anyway bought saris bone RS..good stuff.

Neutral Newbie

I have one for sale but its for normal sedan with boot, put behind type

Between the boot and roof racks, which kind is easier to install and remove? I was thinking of getting a roof rack, but then I realised my car is rather "high" and some carpark height barriers may be problematic. [:(]

↡ Advertisement