Where to get a bicycle rack for car?

Kelpie

Hi, anyone got a used boot rack to let go??

Is hup leong still the best place to look for for a boot bike rack?

Thanks

Yes, i do have one, hardly used ( only twice ) i suppose it is universal & it's black on color, ( juz a red packet ) heng heng can liao.

SMS me 8128-six six six three

↡ Advertisement

Yes, i do have one, hardly used ( only twice ) i suppose it is universal & it's black on color, ( juz a red packet ) heng heng can liao.

SMS me 8128-six six six three

Great nice bro! Not only gave it to me but still spent time explaining to demo for me!

Thumbs up for you bro!!

Great to meet such a nice bro and hope more Singaporeans will like this n Sg will be a nicer place to live in!

Hahaha

Turbocharged

So Thule or Saris better? Won't damage car and secure.

i use the saris bones rs n its very secure. Can go 80kmh++ n its super solid. It has a key lock so u can leave it behind ure car for short errands without storing it in the boot.

i use the saris bones rs n its very secure. Can go 80kmh++ n its super solid. It has a key lock so u can leave it behind ure car for short errands without storing it in the boot.

Can lock the bikes too? Where did you get the Bones?

Be warned bros,

This morning at about 9:00 am on the CTE towards SLE just before AMK Ave 1 exit I saw one bicycle rack stopped by TP bike.

There were two bikes and the number plate was obscured.

It looked like (I'm guessing ok) the driver was arguing with the TP about the rack - he was gesturing towards the bike rack like "what am I supposed to do?"

I think he was being booked for hiding number plate. This has been reported in the news and here before. If you use bike rack, take care that your number plate can still be seen.

Drive safe

Supercharged

Can lock the bikes too? Where did you get the Bones?

Even if you can lock the bikes, but can you lock the rack (to the vehicle) ?

Be warned bros,

This morning at about 9:00 am on the CTE towards SLE just before AMK Ave 1 exit I saw one bicycle rack stopped by TP bike.

It looked like (I'm guessing ok) the driver was arguing with the TP about the rack - he was gesturing towards the bike rack like "what am I supposed to do?"

I think he was being booked for hiding number plate. This has been reported in the news and here before. If you use bike rack, take care that your number plate can still be seen.

Drive safe

So they are so strict these days?? No wonder I saw a few cars with another no. plate hanging on their racks. Liddat can? How about drawing one with cardboard & markers??

Even if you can lock the bikes, but can you lock the rack (to the vehicle) ?

cannot lock the bikes, but can lock the rack to the car.

Saris-Bones-9.jpg

Supercharged

Saris-Bones-9.jpg

Oh I see...no wonder I see some (branded) racks left on the vehicle and parked overnight....and I was thinking why the owner not worried it gets stolen.

But the bike actually can be locked to the rack using a bicycle chain or cable.

Bought from HL as someone mentioned? Damage?

Saris-Bones-9.jpg

Supercharged

Be warned bros,

Drive safe

I guess it also depends on where the license plate is located. In most cases the bikes are usually hang on the rack above the bumper....so some cars whose license plate are on the bumper may not get it obstructed. Whereas those cars whose plate are on the boot may be obstructed.

So they are so strict these days?? No wonder I saw a few cars with another no. plate hanging on their racks. Liddat can? How about drawing one with cardboard & markers??

I would think that this is a question best directed towards LTA / TP.

I sure as shat can't give good advice

I would think that this is a question best directed towards LTA / TP.

I sure as shat can't give good advice

Technically having a cardboard & a proper carplate is the same unless you say there's a stamp of approval by LTA on the temp carplate?

Technically having a cardboard & a proper carplate is the same unless you say there's a stamp of approval by LTA on the temp carplate?

There is a rule must put additional license plate. License plate dimension and layout per rules and regulation.

There is a rule must put additional license plate. License plate dimension and layout per rules and regulation.

Ok thanks!! How much to make one?? Been blocking my license plating for the longest time. been lucky so far...

Ok thanks!! How much to make one?? Been blocking my license plating for the longest time. been lucky so far...

Many many shops in JB offer - may as well get one made with whatever number your want

↡ Advertisement