How often do you replaced your oxygen sensors?

How often do you replaced your oxygen sensors?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• <= 80K km
    • 80K < <= 120K km
    • 120K < <=160K km
    • more than 160K km
    • Never or until check engine light comes on

Neutral Newbie

I am wondering how often should I replace the oxygen sensors. I known that as the oxygen sensors aged, fuel consumption will deteriorate. What is a good replacement interval assuming that there is no equipment available to check the oxygen sensors.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I'm still using the same oxygen sensor for the past 3 years [:)] so far no problems yet till the check light comes on

i wait till it died.

no breakdown no change.

and do cleaning.. take out use things like 3M contact cleaner for electronics or sensor cleaner to clean like maybe 50k milage interval etc....

Neutral Newbie

Of course, if you clean regularly at every 50K , can use for very very very long time.

This sorts of remind me of people cleaning and regapping their spark plugs in the past.

I am wondering how often should I replace the oxygen sensors. I known that as the oxygen sensors aged, fuel consumption will deteriorate. What is a good replacement interval assuming that there is no equipment available to check the oxygen sensors.

My encounter approx 125K, problem of sensor surface. Suz wagon R+.

initial symptom, engine check light illum during start. Can be resent using dignostic but will cause more difficult starting b4 fully kaput.

mine giving me problem after 2 yrs + about 87k milleage.

initial symtom, cel on.send workshop to diagnose then have it reset and also clean the sensor contact points.till now after nearly 8k no problem.

Neutral Newbie

Yes,one is at the exhaust manifold, some cars have another further down the exhaust system. It looks kind of like a spark plug shaped device from outside.

Neutral Newbie

No it is not the air/fuel mixture ratio sensor, it is just the oxygen sensor which senses the amount of oxygen in the exhaust.

It's the same thing. But properly known as oxygen sensor.

Sensing the amount of oxygen left over in the exhaust will tell you the AFR.