How often do you replaced your oxygen sensors?

How often do you replaced your oxygen sensors?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• <= 80K km
    • 80K < <= 120K km
    • 120K < <=160K km
    • more than 160K km
    • Never or until check engine light comes on

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the clarification, I have always thought that the air/fuel ratio sensors are the Wide band oxygen sensors aka WRAF sensors which is slightly different from the normal oxygen sensors.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Choices when fuel prices hit $10 per litre

a) walk, cycle or public transport

b) Change to CNG, good option for new car.

c) Replace engine with electric motor, convert car to EV and charge off the mains, something I always wanted to do but most likely illegal in Singapore.

d) Downgrade to a Chery QQ

e) Change house to near the place of work or change job to work near home.

Yeap, they are slighly different.

Most cars come with narrowband o2 sensors which are only accurate and sensitive around the stoichiometric region.

Wideband o2 sensors gives a linear output typically from 10:1 AFR up to 20:1 AFR.

Some newer cars already comes stock with a wideband o2.

I think mine is burned off to a crispy potato already. That CEL has appeared again after the mechanic reset the system. Must be those days with the afterfires and idling on CNG. Current mileage is 135k km. My manual states 100k miles or 160k km.

I am wondering how often should I replace the oxygen sensors. I known that as the oxygen sensors aged, fuel consumption will deteriorate. What is a good replacement interval assuming that there is no equipment available to check the oxygen sensors.

I replaced mine 2 weeks back because got intermittent CEL comes on with error code P0133 - O2 sensor Circuit Slow Response.

(edited)
i wait till it died.

no breakdown no change.

and do cleaning.. take out use things like 3M contact cleaner for electronics or sensor cleaner to clean like maybe 50k milage interval etc....

I don't think you can use contact cleaner on a O2 sensor, MAF sensor maybe can

Edited by Vtim

Thanks for the clarification, I have always thought that the air/fuel ratio sensors are the Wide band oxygen sensors aka WRAF sensors which is slightly different from the normal oxygen sensors.

the one that is just after the header but before the CAT is normally a narrow band O2 sensor.

Why it is strange to have sensor fouling after so little mileage? Your car must have been heavily modified.

running the engine too rich will foul the O2 sensor sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

I got my from the Stockist for $120 + 7%GST, about the same price if I get from US with shipping sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

(edited)

Can WBO2 be used on stock ECUs?

Anyway, I found a Walker EGO part number 250-24200 in Amazon. Dirt cheap at USD46.77. Universal precat front and rear.

Edited by Genie47

Get one with controller that has a simulated narrowband output (0-1v).

The NB wire goes into your stock ECU's o2 sensor wire and the wideband wire can go to your gauge or other engine management systems.

I'm using PLX wideband, works like stock but can datalog wideband readouts at the same time. i like! [thumbsup]

(edited)

Damage?

Nevermind. Went to PLX and saw the combo at USD399. Not good. Will get the Walker Universal since mine is shot up.

Edited by Genie47

Around 400SGD shipped. But now probably can get the newer models, I bought the older M-series.

www.plxdevices.com

↡ Advertisement