Grace period before per entry parking

Cumzilla

let say if a carpark charges $1/hr before 6pm, then $2/entry after 6pm and there is grace period of 10mins, so if i enter between 5.50pm-6pm, will i be charged the per hr parking fee in additon to the per entry fee or i will be charged only per entry from 6pm onwards?

↡ Advertisement

Different carpark operators charge differently.

Operator #1

5.50pm enter. If you leave by 6pm within the 10min grace, no charge. If you leave by 6.50pm within 1hr, charge $1. If you leave after 6.50pm [eg. 6.51pm], charge is $1 + $2.

* every min count if you wish to avoid the $2 charge.

Operator #2

5.50pm enter, they charge you $1, but at 6pm, they immediately add the $2/entry.

* this is very unfair. Just make sure not to use this carpark again.

You will be charged $1+$2 cos the grace period of 10mins only apply if you leave before the 10mins is up. If you continue to park, the 10mins grace is void.

Neutral Newbie

"Nowadays, more and more HDB car parks going ERP. "

Just curious, after going EPS, are those previously free on Sunday & Public Holiday HDB car parks still free?

Yes.

The biggest losers are actually motorcycle riders. 65 cents coupon used to be per day. Now it's per carpark per day.

alamak, tot can tao jiak another 10mins, sian haha

Sa la bor. U driving yr father car?

If its yr car, can afford to buy cannot afford to pay that $1-2 parking meh. [lipsrsealed]

If its yr car, can afford to buy cannot afford to pay that $1-2 parking meh.

another of "can afford to buy but cannot afford to pay" for this and that quote, can post something more refreshing?

I notice that those carpark that gone EPS are those pretty "popular" carpark without free parking on Sunday and PH previously... [shakehead]

Turbocharged
"Nowadays, more and more HDB car parks going ERP. "

Just curious, after going EPS, are those previously free on Sunday & Public Holiday HDB car parks still free?

normally those with eps implemented are those carparks with high traffic volumn. so high chance no free on sunday and ph. but if the have this scheme it will continue. eg the one at toapayoh

The MSCP carpark above bishan bus interchange is EPS type. Free parking on Sunday and PH from 7am-10.30pm. I park there every sunday. [thumbsup]

let say if a carpark charges $1/hr before 6pm, then $2/entry after 6pm and there is grace period of 10mins, so if i enter between 5.50pm-6pm, will i be charged the per hr parking fee in additon to the per entry fee or i will be charged only per entry from 6pm onwards?

grace period applies only if you come out within the grace period.

Otherwise, parking duration starts the moment you enter.

↡ Advertisement