LG/Samsung/Sony TVs

Zoner

Supercharged

What is not working?

Got indicator light? Got image? If none of these, still can repair as it might be the power supply module gone.

If screen gone, can throw liao.

I've not checked personally, though according to my tenant, the TV could be powered up, but there was an indicator light flickering in green and no image appeared.

Edited by kykh
↡ Advertisement

Bros,

Thinking of getting new TV,max 50" size.

Leaning towards Samsung brand but no curve type

Which shops giving best prices and freebies now?

TIA

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I've not checked personally, though according to my tenant, the TV could be powered up, but there was an indicator light flickering in green and no image appeared.

Throw lah. Time to upgrade to current standard of able to receive digital tv, smart tv, 4k UHD, can play youtube, Netflix, toggle, amazon prime video, etc. I recommend AOC 50" 4K smart tv selling at NTUC $599. Brand is actually under Philips comapny warranty.

• Praise 1

Try hitting the back panel a few times with you open palm. Otherwise maybe can repair. Take a picture and ask for quote. Parts might've obsolete liao like my Sony tv.

• Praise 2

Try hitting the back panel a few times with you open palm. Otherwise maybe can repair. Take a picture and ask for quote. Parts might've obsolete liao like my Sony tv.

Have to wear suit and tie while at it?

post-163127-0-05006900-1535621785.jpeg

My turn to ask question. Anyone using LG OLED55C7T (2017 model) or the latest OLED55C8PTA (2018 model)?

Large_01_C7_desk1.jpg

Desktop_01.jpg

The picture quality seems very good for an "entry" model, which is reasonably priced at slightly <$3K (C7T) and marginally >$3K (C8PTA). Considering OLED over conventional LED as the sharpness and color rendering is superb, not to mention the relatively lower power consumption.

Aside to @kobayashigt, that is the price to pay for getting something "free" (if you get what I mean)...  [dead]  [bigcry]

• Praise 6

My turn to ask question. Anyone using LG OLED55C7T (2017 model) or the latest OLED55C8PTA (2018 model)?

Large_01_C7_desk1.jpg

Desktop_01.jpg

The picture quality seems very good for an "entry" model, which is reasonably priced at slightly <$3K (C7T) and marginally >$3K (C8PTA). Considering OLED over conventional LED as the sharpness and color rendering is superb, not to mention the relatively lower power consumption.

Aside to @kobayashigt, that is the price to pay for getting something "free" (if you get what I mean)... [dead][bigcry]

My hall is damn bright

So I use those led tv with ips panel

The colour so whoa! So vibrant and bright but too strong if you go for correct colour reproduction

For example when I see my kids photos on tv, the colour quite saturated. I remember my old tv not like that one

I have no regrets because my bright Hall, need a strong tv to fight the bright hall light

Oled is more suitable for dark rooms

Very nice accurate colour but need dark room

Now my two kids compete to use the ps4 Becuase I only have one tv

Lucky got Ipiak, so the guy not playing ps4 can play ipiak

So if one day I put tv in their room, I will go for oled

Try set the video setting to Natural to see any difference.

It also depends on model...my 40” Samsung Standard is different from my 26” Standard - I need to set to Movie to watch football on the latter otherwise it’d be too bright especially early EPL games over in England.

I dunno about tv. but haha phone oled vs just regular LCD IPS screen really a big difference. OLED would be closer to plasma performance especially in blacks.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

My hall is damn bright

So I use those led tv with ips panel

The colour so whoa! So vibrant and bright but too strong if you go for correct colour reproduction

For example when I see my kids photos on tv, the colour quite saturated. I remember my old tv not like that one

I have no regrets because my bright Hall, need a strong tv to fight the bright hall light

Oled is more suitable for dark rooms

Very nice accurate colour but need dark room

Now my two kids compete to use the ps4 Becuase I only have one tv

Lucky got Ipiak, so the guy not playing ps4 can play ipiak

So if one day I put tv in their room, I will go for oled

Thanks for sharing. My living room is neither too bright nor dark (maybe because of my N-S unit facing as well as the added curtains, so I assumed OLED should be ok (basing on my viewing experience at say Courts, Harvey Norman, Best, etc.). Comparing side by side with LED TV with IPS panel, the contrast and colour rendering seems much better on OLED, similar to the difference found with handphone screen.

I am currently using a 50" Plasma, and even as the set is 14 years old, the colour reproduction is still very good, and to put in it the simplest way, black appears black, unlike most LCD / LED TV, where it is more greyish than black.

Still trying to figure out if I should take the plunge... [confused]  [confused]

• Praise 6

Thanks for sharing. My living room is neither too bright nor dark (maybe because of my N-S unit facing as well as the added curtains, so I assumed OLED should be ok (basing on my viewing experience at say Courts, Harvey Norman, Best, etc.). Comparing side by side with LED TV with IPS panel, the contrast and colour rendering seems much better on OLED, similar to the difference found with handphone screen.

I am currently using a 50" Plasma, and even as the set is 14 years old, the colour reproduction is still very good, and to put in it the simplest way, black appears black, unlike most LCD / LED TV, where it is more greyish than black.

Still trying to figure out if I should take the plunge... [confused]  [confused]

An IT show is coming to Suntec City next weekend.

if u watch movies often on your TV, go ahead.

For regular free to air tv watching, i will just choose a cheaper IPS panel  [laugh]

Still trying to figure out if I should take the plunge... [confused][confused]

My 14 years old 32 inches Hitachi plasma already cost $4.5k back then, how much did you pay for your 50”?

Actually for TV, especially the colour rendition, is very personal thing. 

Just make make sure u ask the sales person to switch off the demo mode/ display mode for truer representation of what type of colour you should be practically expect when u bring the TV home. 

Demo/display mode of the TVs is well known to be high contrast, overly bright, overly vibrant just to stand out under the bright fluorescent lighting of the shop display. 

Another thing to note is the smart TV function. Go for one that has better faster processor if you use your TV for YouTube or streaming. Otherwise, it's not a big issue. 

• Praise 1

Still trying to figure out if I should take the plunge... [confused][confused]

Old tv bring to Office and use as monitor :XD:

My 14 years old 32 inches Hitachi plasma already cost $4.5k back then, how much did you pay for your 50â? ð±

Back to topic, I bought the 65 C7T last year May from gain city and it is a wonderful TV. Once you go big, you never go back.

Hehe :grin:
  • Praise 1

Large_01_C7_desk1.jpg

Desktop_01.jpg

Aside to @kobayashigt, that is the price to pay for getting something "free" (if you get what I mean)... [dead][bigcry]

I was checking on LG OLED TV afew months back at courts ... cant rem which model but was quoted 6k after discount ... my ex gf wasnt happy to change as the current one was still working and only 5yr old.

Overall ... i think this LG oled tv was pretty good . For online .. i still prefer stick a laptop to the hdmi

• Praise 4

I was comparing the LG C7 and Panasonic EZ950S OLED TV last year.

Both have very similar screen quality. At the end bought the Panasonic as it has better sound quality and slightly cheaper. I don't used any sound bar.

BTW, Panasonic OLED TV the panel are also supply by LG.

I believed most others brand OLED TV panel are also from LG.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1