Recommend compact printer please

Karebu

anyone can rec me an inkjet printer that uses the cheapest ink cartridges ??

now my HP cartridges are costing me $6x per piece !

↡ Advertisement

Borrow this thread.

I have a simple Black and White laser printer, Brother HL-L2375DW. 

I am trying to look for its toner.  A quick check shows that the original toner from Brother cost about $89 to $100.

While  a "compatible" one from Shopee costs $13.20.  It has 12 reviews and  the rating is 4.9/5 stars (although some buyers may not have used it before giving the ratings).

https://shopee.sg/Compatible-Toner-Cartridge-TN-2480-TN2480-TN-2480-for-Brother-printers-DCP-L2550DW-HL-L2375DW-MFC-L2715DW-MFC-L2750DW-T-i.236279386.7532275614

How was your experience with Cheong toner?  Would you rather stick to the original which may cost 2 to 4 times more?

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Borrow this thread.

I am trying to look for its toner.  A quick check shows that the original toner from Brother cost about $89 to $100.

While  a "compatible" one from Shopee costs $13.20.  It has 12 reviews and  the rating is 4.9/5 stars (although some buyers may not have used it before giving the ratings).

https://shopee.sg/Compatible-Toner-Cartridge-TN-2480-TN2480-TN-2480-for-Brother-printers-DCP-L2550DW-HL-L2375DW-MFC-L2715DW-MFC-L2750DW-T-i.236279386.7532275614

How was your experience with Cheong toner?  Would you rather stick to the original which may cost 2 to 4 times more?

i honestly dunno. I bought a brother printer 1.5 years ago.
The original toner is supposed to last for 400+ sheets (instead of the full 900)
I bought one of these 3rd party replacements from lazada last year. Till now, never use [laugh]

Most of the time just switch on once in a while to print worksheets or some documents i prefer not to print at work. Lol

• Praise 1

23 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Borrow this thread.

Try this website. https://www.ink555.com/

• Praise 1

A lot of printings to keep the children occupied at home.  So I need to source for a toner soon, but don't wish to get carrot-headed.

A quick search over the internet shows non-original toners are produced under uncontrolled environment and may be a health hazard to the user, or it will mess up the reliability of the printer.  Maybe they are written by the original toner makers just to spread fear.

On the other hand, some cheong users are apparently happy with the products.  Of course, could also be a case of seller ownself praise ownself.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

A lot of printings to keep the children occupied at home.  So I need to source for a toner soon, but don't wish to get carrot-headed.

A quick search over the internet shows non-original toners are produced under uncontrolled environment and may be a health hazard to the user, or it will mess up the reliability of the printer.  Maybe they are written by the original toner makers just to spread fear.

On the other hand, some cheong users are apparently happy with the products.  Of course, could also be a case of seller ownself praise ownself.

To me I have my own experience of refilling ink cartidge(not laser) using syringe(with needle) and colour ink. My wife bought the refill pack and I do the refilling during the lockdown. I tried buying the original but nowhere has stock. Not even the original maker. It's so...easy. LoL... It doesnt smudge or anything. It's like...original.

If ppl can collect used original cartridge and refill them and sell them at a much lower cost....why not. It's not only good for the environment, it's also good for consumers.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 12/21/2020 at 8:12 PM, Albeniz said:

Borrow this thread.

Let me answer my own question.

I got a cheong one from another better-rated "preferred" seller at a higher price of ~$23.

The cheong one really works! 

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Ok.  My Brother L2375 mono laser printer works fine, except it is black and white.

I am thinking of getting a color printer.  Hopefully this color printer could support A3 printing too.

Very importantly, the running cost (i.e. color ink cartridges) must not be expensive.

Do you have a cheap-good one to recommend. 

Nowadays any of the ink tank type printers is fine. Personally I got Epson L485

Obviously not great for printing photos (acceptable but not high quality) but everything is fine. And can buy nonbrand refill but honestly it is so cheap I simply buy from publisher. Must print occasionally to clean the head, or else clean the head before you print if never done for long time

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Ok.  My Brother L2375 mono laser printer works fine, except it is black and white.

I am thinking of getting a color printer.  Hopefully this color printer could support A3 printing too.

Very importantly, the running cost (i.e. color ink cartridges) must not be expensive.

using a brother mfc9330cdw, this one no a3, no duplex adf, pretty decent printout, using "compatible" toner too, running cost more lah, 4x toners mah.....can get around $30+ per colour

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

using a brother mfc9330cdw, this one no a3, no duplex adf, pretty decent printout, using "compatible" toner too, running cost more lah, 4x toners mah.....can get around $30+ per colour

I won't get a non duplex printer. Lol.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

I won't get a non duplex printer. Lol.

non-duplex adf lah, automatic document feeder....which I actually never even used once:grin:

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Ahwhye said:

non-duplex adf lah, automatic document feeder....which I actually never even used once:grin:

Oh OK. Haha sorry. Noob. 

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Buy back brother branded one? I have had good luck with brother printers too. 

• Praise 1

17 hours ago, Ahwhye said:

I have a similar brother printer L3551cdw, the only issue with the printer is that it cannot set the default scan button on the printer to scan to network folder. You need to press a few more time to scroll to the option to scan to network folder.

I am trying to look for a cheap-good color printer.

The following are my requirements:

1. For home use, mainly for primary school children to do homework/ art and craft.  Resolution is not critical.  Just acceptable will do.

2. wireless.  W-fi-enabled.

3. The running-cost (i.e. ink replacement) must be cheap.   *very important*

4.  Good if it comes with scan/copy function.  Not critical though.

Any good recommendation?  The cheaperer the betterer, as always.

Edited by Albeniz

14 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

I am trying to look for a cheap-good color printer.

The following are my requirements:

1. For home use, mainly for primary school children to do homework/ art and craft.  Resolution is not critical.  Just acceptable will do.

2. wireless.  W-fi-enabled.

3. The running-cost (i.e. ink replacement) must be cheap.   *very important*

4.  Good if it comes with scan/copy function.  Not critical though.

Any good recommendation?  The cheaperer the betterer, as always.

Every printer brand has models of different price level.  However, I dont recommend getting the downright cheapest model, because those $60 or so ones, they are really flimsy and mechanically simple, they wont last.  They are priced to sell but will earn from your toner replenishing.  I suggest getting a mid range one in the region of $150 and slightly above, and then buy compatible toner.  Compatible toners work as well as original ones, and are much cheaper, and toner cost makes up the main cost, not the printer.  Toner is certainly not complex to copy and manufacture.  From my experience, the wireless (wifi) connection for printer is not stable and the setting is not permanent.  For long term, is better not to buy a cheap one, the cheaper it is, the worse it is.  

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Every printer brand has models of different price level.  However, I dont recommend getting the downright cheapest model, because those $60 or so ones, they are really flimsy and mechanically simple, they wont last.  They are priced to sell but will earn from your toner replenishing.  I suggest getting a mid range one in the region of $150 and slightly above, and then buy compatible toner.  Compatible toners work as well as original ones, and are much cheaper, and toner cost makes up the main cost, not the printer.  Toner is certainly not complex to copy and manufacture.  From my experience, the wireless (wifi) connection for printer is not stable and the setting is not permanent.  For long term, is better not to buy a cheap one, the cheaper it is, the worse it is.  

not every printer brand has lan port nowadays. My Brother one doesn't have. Once in a while it goes down and have to reset the router.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1