New tyre from Hankook? Ventus V12 Evo

Garlic

Hi:

I am honoured to be one of the first to try out this tyre in Singapore. Size: 245/40R18 97Y. My first impression is that this tyre is very quiet and one of the most striking feature with this tyre is that it is very, very comfortable as compared to my previous Toyo Proxes TI-R. I am sure there are lots of tyres out there in the market that are both quiet and comfortable but for a tyre of this class, it is an exception as this tyre is performance oriented instead of it being a touring tyre.

Steering feel is slightly heavier than the T1-R and I am happy with that as it gives me a firmer control of the car.

Have not taken it at hard corners yet but so far its grip in the dry is excellent. Braking in the dry is superb, achieving a shorter distance braking than the T1-R. In fact I am very surprised at its dry braking abilities.

I am hoping I can have the opportunity to test it in the wet. Will update once I have that opportunity.

Neutral Newbie

Bro

Your info is faster than me...hahaha

V12evo is a replacement for Ventus Sport (K104) not S1evo...What size you using...

I was told about this on sunday when I was at Toh Guan for N2 topup..

so what's the indicative price for a 17inch, 225/45?

ETA? [:)]

Neutral Newbie

answer your question first. Nope it doesnt. I know cos I asked for it too and was told no R15 size.

[reply]

answer your question first. Nope it doesnt. I know cos I asked for it too and was told no R15 size.

Ok, thanks for the answer. smallcry.gif

Neutral Newbie

No chance to try in track yet.....But i bet it sure can track with it but how much heat it can take only...RS2 still is best for track in my opinion

ok.. in any case i'm using 15" so i dun even need to consider this new tyre [;)]

how's the pricing for 195/50R15 RS2 now? for both a pair, and all four.

currently on potenza g3 in front and RS2 behind. long story as to why i use diff tyres but i predict the G3s will be shredded after 2, at very most 3, PG sessions. they already saw a few rounds of PG as my rear tyres.

↡ Advertisement