HELP! I need a lorry to...

Can anyone help recommend anyone who can transport a load of my stuff (furniture and cartons) to and from Suntec City?

The lorry needs to be covered and probably about 14 to 20 feet long to carry everything in 1 trip. Because of the furniture, I think it should have one of the tailgate hydraulic lifts to make things easier.

I've called a few companies but they want to charge me $60 - 100 per hour! I want to hire someone on a per trip basis!

↡ Advertisement

Did you get it done at a cheaper rate?

I need to move some plants and a small piece of furniture from the East Coast to the Northeast area, I was wondering if there are any "freelance" lorry driver willing to do it for less than $40 (timing is flexible), otherwise I will hire a Maxicab. Anyone can help?

I know moving companies that charge alot less than that. My korean friend was moving house 2yrs back. The moving company quote them $120 labour and veh inclusive, one trip frm north area to CBD (yes they stay in CBD now). The mother not happy then bargain until under $50. (involved alot of NO! NO! and phone hangups) will try to ask her for the contact.

Thanks, PM me if you have lobang, a big van or a pick up truck will do actually as items are not very big but won't fit into my sedan. The distance should not exceed 15 km and will take about 30 minutes max.

I know moving companies that charge alot less than that. My korean friend was moving house 2yrs back. The moving company quote them $120 labour and veh inclusive, one trip frm north area to CBD (yes they stay in CBD now). The mother not happy then bargain until under $50. (involved alot of NO! NO! and phone hangups) will try to ask her for the contact.

dont bother, the company probably closed up already.

$50 incl labour + veh to move house from north to CBD.....

either the company is too desperate until going to collapse or he take the furniture go and sell.

(edited)

okie. Anyone need transport can pm mi. I got a lorry n a van for transporting my own gds. :wub:

40 flat/trip. Labour included of course [thumbsup]

Edited by Hamburger

Hamburger's rate is good. I used to pay a pick up driver 60 bucks for a single trip and he doesn't even offer to help.

Can anyone help recommend anyone who can transport a load of my stuff (furniture and cartons) to and from Suntec City?

The lorry needs to be covered and probably about 14 to 20 feet long to carry everything in 1 trip. Because of the furniture, I think it should have one of the tailgate hydraulic lifts to make things easier.

I've called a few companies but they want to charge me $60 - 100 per hour! I want to hire someone on a per trip basis!

Actually .... I suppose you need 2 person for

- carry and loading up your stuff on the vehicle from your house

- then unload and carry to where you need in Suntec City

- then carry and load back up the lorry from Suntec City

- then unload and carry back to your house

I'm not sure how many boxes and how many pieces of furniture you got.

I'm not sure whether your house is lift landing or not.

I'm not sure how far is the place in Suntec City from the loading/unloading area.

And on top of that, they need to provide a lorry, covered.

So frankly $60-$100/hour is quite reasonable.

okie. Anyone need transport can pm mi. I got a lorry n a van for transporting my own gds. :wub:

40 flat/trip. Labour included of course [thumbsup]

Wah .... your rate is very good.

Could you PM me your contact no?

Thanks.

(edited)

Wah .... your rate is very good.

Could you PM me your contact no?

Thanks.

PMed. since e vehicles r at my disposal, might as well make full use of it [flowerface]. mi not tat bz anyway

Edited by Hamburger

PMed. since e vehicles r at my disposal, might as well make full use of it [flowerface]. mi not tat bz anyway

Got it, I will PM you if I need your service, still in nego stage.

you sir, shall prosper and grow larger! i'll be PMing you one day. may need to move house soon.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Planning to run food business and importing raw processed seafood eg.. fish paste/cake, yong tau foo... from KL, Malaysia into Sg.

Anyone here from logistic line have experience or contacts of transport companies who carries food into SG with AVA and custom clearance. Many of the big companies are charging high price.. Help appreciated in advance... Thanks.

Hi,

Planning to run food business and importing raw processed seafood eg.. fish paste/cake, yong tau foo... from KL, Malaysia into Sg.

Anyone here from logistic line have experience or contacts of transport companies who carries food into SG with AVA and custom clearance. Many of the big companies are charging high price.. Help appreciated in advance... Thanks.

based on my small little experience,

the transport - you need a aircon truck, if not foodstuff will rot.

customs clearance - depend on your company AVA licence, not the transporter. permits, your transporter should be able to help to pre-declare and clear customs , provided you have passed all necessary licence.

cost, wise, it will likely be in the ballpark of 2000RM per trip.

have u considered air freight?

PMed. since e vehicles r at my disposal, might as well make full use of it flowerface.gif. mi not tat bz anyway

..hi you still have your lorry for hire?

..hi you still have your lorry for hire?

nope. sold long ago.

tentatively you may try this mover i use. Trustsworthy and good price.

Mr Lim 9830 2953

↡ Advertisement