Alternative to having maids

Redz

Supercharged

no.

unless she go n report that she got to clean yr parent's hse too.

↡ Advertisement

Sent her back to her home country, the Philippines. The point is, when I approached the agency to send her back, the agency would like to transfer her. I refused and insisted that her work permit is cancelled as I am passing a problem to another. Hence, I feel is that agency do not consitute to have good maids, but just the cost competitiveness.

oh okie... so i can juz tell her and sit down there lor... mind oso not worried she do something funny with banglas [laugh]

btw, what is banglas attraction to these maids???

I can affiliate with your situation but you have the benefit of having your parents to help out around, which I don't. If I suggest that you have a maid to follow around the child, clean, and your parents have a lighter role of just looking after the child.

Supercharged

they are just profit-driven. they won't care abt the next unlucky employer.

like that time, my FIL's maid, stole monies. agency said give her a chance & don't send her back. i rejected them outright. cancelled permit & report to mom to have her ban from coming to s'pore to work.

Hypersonic
(edited)

If you can live without a maid, please do. As 1 bro said, finding a good maid is like finding a needle in a haystack. There's a lot of horror stories abt maid.

Edited by Fcw75

so no more maids now?

i still have my 2nd kid in K1 now. once he gets to pri 1 then i just have the youngest to attend to. it is much easier to the pocket sending 1 kid to childcare and no maid. mind also feel easy but a lot of hard work on the house lah

(edited)

You are absolutely right, hence I look for the competitive agency fee and pray very hard for a good help.

Edited by Fortress

true..all agencies juz wanna earn money from these maids. last week got reported that 2 agencies are being revoked by MOM for approving maid employment without getting the original documents from the said employer. all through photocopies!!

Supercharged
(edited)

u mean if u can live without a maid, plse do or don't????

very confusing to TS tongue.gif

Edited by Qpik

After sending that home, went on for a couple of months without, am waiting for the new one to arrive.

You can try what you have said and use a part timer.

Supercharged
haha.. dat 1 i didnt ask her...

maybe her room no aircon my room got aircon or my room more cozy......?? lol...

or maybe Seahorse mattress..?? lol...

Oh ic. I tot you ill-treat her by asking her to sleep on the floor.

but sir, competitive agency oso doesnt prove that we get a better maid. they are human being. usually first few mths will be very good. after a yr, true colours will show. and all the headaches will come too [laugh]

Supercharged
juz to chk, is it wrong to have a maid put over at parents house when we are at work?

Is it possible you drop your kids at your in-law place? In-laws don't have to always stay together, can always drop your kids at their place right?

You are absolutely right, it is the domestic help(dh) that is the point, hence i rely mainly on my prayers, take some recommendations from various forum on the agencies, talk to the dh, select one that has worked in a bad environment.

Hypersonic
u mean if u can live without a maid, plse do or don't????

very confusing to TS tongue.gif

[laugh][laugh] Sorry, I mean please do.

Supercharged

i pray for u too. some agencies just don't hv the professional ethics. signs of trouble fm employer they will give thousand & 1 excuses.

the hardest stuff to manage are human. u hv to play hard ball and soft ball at different times.

that is possible but no 1 and 2 kids are taking transport to sch at different time. while no 1 will be there till evening, no 2 will be back in just 3 hrs. i cant be in office for 3hrs and back will i? so means someone have to be in the house. like i said earlier, once no 2 reaches pr 1. it will be easier to handle on the situation. till then, i guess have to sacrifice a bit lor

↡ Advertisement