Alternative to having maids

Redz

Supercharged

not only that, you also hv to pay when their behaviour/treatment of yr kid leaves them with undesirable habits.

then u got to spend the time to uncondition such habits.

even if one has the means to employ one, best to do without.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

caught in act = PRICE-less & thrilling till

act of replacing the bed = time/money/efforts

gives u headache

Supercharged
btw nanny n childcare, the latter better value and at least TS knows the whereabouts of his kids.

Huh? You mean with Nanny you dunno where the nanny lives?

Neutral Newbie

With maids around...you and wifey can't make noise when doing...also cannot do it anywhere.... [laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

my maid... busy humping... [crazy]

Moan very loud someore... haha... [whip]

straight-away call agency and police...

the worst part they confess they did nearly 10x oredi..

during dat 10x how many session they had i don noe la ..

All in my bed... [sweatdrop]

Lucky i caught damn.. if not the maid pregnant dats it i kena....

Supercharged

paiseh...must elaborate...

if TS kanna a nanny who got "pointed" bum, she'll probably not be at home most of the time. likely gallivanting with her kakis n yr kid in tow.

that's what happened with my ex-nanny. paid her $500 plus additional $100 for food, ended up my kid eat leftover fastfood almost everyday.

is there any alternatives instead of employing a maid? as we know, some of them comes with unwanted baggage be it socially or otherwise. and funny thing, not much protection are given to employers on this wayward maids but there are tonnes of law that protects them.... very weird. eg, if they are pregnant, run away....employers are to blame?? what part are we involved in getting them pregnant or run away? by giving them off days that are required by law? whose law was that in the first place? sigh.... in dilemma now.

For off days, guidelines are important, just modify from leave system e.g.

a) apply x days in advance. Subjected to approval, performance and exigencies of service.

b) half day each time.

c) Weekdays only. Don't think majority clear leave or off on weekends?

d) Counted in hours. E.g. 1 day is 0800-1730hrs and 1/2 day is 1300-1730hrs.

Real world, real terms but there can be concession but that's between employee and employer. One way or another, one still need to look at the BOSS face whether like it or not.

Between employer and FDW... Though it seems not really fair to me, still, if you're fair to me, I'll be fair to you. Such guidelines are in place to protect my $ interest but more importantly, it's in the best of your interest. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

haha.. dat 1 i didnt ask her...

maybe her room no aircon my room got aircon or my room more cozy......?? lol...

or maybe Seahorse mattress..?? lol...

Supercharged

aiyoh...when u hv kids, u also cannot do it anywhere mah...u hur.gif

noise can be adjusted mah. as for venue, can improvise.

It all depends on your priorities and needs. To look after your children, parents or just cleaning. The foremost is less than ideal, in my view as the child development depends on the intelligence of the domestic help. Probably the later 2 would be better. Then again, like you said, it can be an asset or baggage it all depends on themselves, which is quite a challenge. The best way is to have someone at home together with the maid, then again caught my maid "sitting on" a foreign worker's lap at the stairs, even though my wife is a homemaker.

There is never a good solution having or without maids, but the options and risks.

then again caught my maid "sitting on" a foreign worker's lap at the stairs, even though my wife is a homemaker.

so what happened to her?

Neutral Newbie

This is an interesting topic and perhaps to post some of my few virgin post here since I read this forum more than I post.

I am also stuck in a delimma whether to hire a maid since now both myself and my wife work. We normally have dinner at my mother's place which is just few street block away from my house. Reached home, clean dog's mess and it

juz to chk, is it wrong to have a maid put over at parents house when we are at work?

↡ Advertisement