JB now require Touch & Go?

Marcz

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

is this true? just wanna confirm before i go in later.

Edited by Marcz
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i went in last week and the toll lady was telling me something about they changing to the touch & go system or something like that..

What time you went in? I kena jam like 20 min going in.... then coming out also jam like 30 min. That was already 1am

You can still pay the RM2.90 toll fee in cash at Woodlands side or you can also have the option of using the Touch N Go card. In my opinion, I feel using Touch N Go is more convenient.

The Malaysian Immigration had previously announced that they would like to adopt the Touch N Go system for the Woodlands side. I guess apart from making the payment process easier, the downside is that this may be the prelude to them bringing back that idea of charging SG cars a RM20 entry fee which they brought up some time back. This may start working in line with the opening of the new customs complex, which is anytime soon.

they appear to be selling the TnG at the toll counter itself. but i wouldn't know as i already have my TnG, i stopped specially after a NSH toll booth to buy it from the PLUS counter [:)]

imho, get TnG better la. dun have to even bother whether they make it mandatory, and also, much more convenient than fumbling with coins. i prefer to fumble at leisure to pay for petrol or food [flowerface]

Sorry, OT a bit.... Going to Melacca this coming weekend holiday and this is the first time driving into Msia. Is there anything I need to prepare before entering?

Just saw the ringgit at 2.36 interbank rates. Good time to heaad to your regular $$$ changer. Should be giving about 2 cents lower than interbank....

nothing much, except have you check passports' expiry date?

no need to fill in white cards, prepare sufficient RM for the toll at m'sia custom.

SG custom must use Cashcard, which i think all local cars have [laugh]

Hmmm what else...