Ferrari California GT / F149

Vanq

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The first pictures of the long talked about entry level ferrari is finally released yesterday at 5pm.

Brief info about the car:

- Hardtop convertible

- 454bhp 4.3-litre V8 with direct injection

- 7-speed DSG

- 0-100 in less than 4secs

- Top speed > 300km/h

Said to be an entry level ferrari, some say it will cost about 15%-20% less than the current F430.

This car can be a 2 seater or 4 seater. But 4 Seater would be very cramped esp at the back. Would rather opt for the back to be a space for storing luggage.

Looking at the way this car is shaped, i very much like it, and somehow looks like a baby ferrari, fitting the criteria of an entry level ferrari. This car would take probably until next year or next next year to reach our shores. The first batch of 430 Scuderia will be here soon, so do lookout for it.

image1-1024x768.jpg

image2-1024x768.jpg

image3-1024x768.jpg

here's the official site for the car.

http://www.ferraricalifornia.com/webapp/

Edited by Vanq
↡ Advertisement

Hmmm.....the stacked exhaust pipes.....I hope they are real and connected.

Much hoohaa was said about the IS-F cosmetic quad stacked exhaust pipe.

Nice farrari.....too bad no money.

actually, i quite like this one. 2+ or not (same as 911 CS also 2+)

Front has hint of my fav prancing horse - the 599 GTB Fiorano.

Rear is almost a copy of the Alfa 8C Competizione.

Folding hardtop - big plus (first) for a Ferrari

7 speed dual clutch transmission (by Getrag ... which i believe is similar to the new M3 Cabriolet's M DCT also by Getrag) - i bet the shifting time is almost as fast as, if not faster than, their F1 cars.

Adjustable LSD - honed by F1 team.

Direct injection revised V8 4.3L - more power with less emission and better FC.

all these point to a deliciously fast and great handling car, and great looking too.

actually EUR160k convert SGD is about $336k + CIF would be about $400k. Assuming 70% of it is the OMV, which will be $280k. + ARF + CE + COE + Hong Seh's $100k per car margin --> selling price would be about SGD750k. ... launch price, probably around $800k?

Could be 'cheap' enough to tempt Gallardo .... and possibly some 911 turbo or Carrera S buyers over for a more special Ferrari.

Anyway, neither Lambo nor Porsche have made hardtop cabrio at the moment.

how is that cheap to compete with the 911 carrera?

At over $500K its possible to get a well-specced Carrera C4S with cash to spare to further mod it out.

Note, that the C4S is an NA and the 911 turbo should not be competing with the California for fair comparisons.

I suspect underneath it all is a Maserati Coupe with the same V8 except for the DSG gearbox and with a prancing horse badge.

To me it cannot be compared with the F430 cos 430 has a mid-mounted engine and this 149 is front mounted engine. The handling will be very different.

Turbocharged

I also want! Any idea who can do servicing for Horsies and Bulls besides Hong Seh and Eurosports?

↡ Advertisement