New 2008 Subaru Forester

Nikolaiski69

Neutral Newbie

Wah I like the price compared to tomyam T badge [thumbsup] Fuel guzzle so what? Already get upfront saving from price of car. Guys who wanna really save on petrol - go by 800cc car or something like that lah [bounce1]

i think this new model makes the outgoing model even better value.

but not so good stuff is its agricultural 4 speed auto... the 2.0 is underpowered, the 2.5 turbo is better.

(edited)

sgsupermart:)

on a frank note, people who buy this car will know whats in for them...same for wrx owners so i think that barrel thingy's price is not a concern for them...hopefully

Edited by Accordvtec

Nowadays I see wrx cruising within speed limits and hardly see any doing traffic lights sprints. If u tell me that fuel price is not a concern, I dunno what is. [:/]

Hypersonic

Just saw a SJE plate 2.5XT in my MSCP since last Sat. The new model look much better than the old model.

totally agreed that this model looks much beta then the out-going ones (no offense to anyone as just a general comment).

The soft-launch price for both models are quite attractive and some features are lacking in these two models as compare to the one that are advertised in the internet. Overall it looks like a SUV than a crossover, imho.wink.gif

Seen and had a short test drive. No time to fully appreciate yet...

Was told the omv is abt23k.

Anyway, it's a great improvement over the old one.

Larger, longer wheelbase and wider.

It's abt the same size as the CRV.

It's a large sunroof, larger than the CRV 2.4. But back row floor is not totally flat. Sl hump.

The engine and interior is quiet and almost vibration free at idle. V refined. It's engine of the year anyway...heh...

But the drive...I like it! The turbo comes on pretty quietly, but can feel the car pulling away nicely.

just tt the interior trims not so nice, although well tot out and put together.

Some pretty nice small touches, like the hydraulic mounted bonnet. Isofix x2 for the rear seats. rear seat middle portion folds out to cup holders.

V viable option for those with a small family and still want a car which drives well, with power to match. I think I wouldn't even consider fuel consumption once u start driving it heh