LTA set up Cashcard c0ckup..center

Apollo

May 23, 2008 CashCard glitch: One-stop relief from next week Drivers can get fines waived, new cards or IUs if gear found faulty after checks By Tan Weizhen

THE hundreds of drivers who are plagued every month by CashCard problems will soon find some relief.

From next week, motorists who have been fined because their wonky cards and in-vehicle units (IU) were not detected by Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantries can get the penalties waived in a single stop.

The scheme, which debuts on Wednesday, will let bedevilled motorists head to Land Transport Authority (LTA) authorised mechanics for a quick inspection.

If their gear is faulty, the fines disappear and they will be given new CashCards or IUs, said the LTA and CashCard issuer Network for Electronic Transfers (Nets).

Every month, 250 to 300 drivers face 'compatibility problems between the IU and CashCards', said the LTA. In the past two weeks, several readers had contacted The Straits Times to complain about such hitches.

Previously, motorists faced a time-consuming challenge to get the fines expunged.

They had to get waivers from the LTA office, head to a mechanic to have their CashCard or IUs tested and finally go to a customer service centre run by Nets for a new card.

Drivers welcomed the new plan, but said it does not do away with the faulty CashCard problem.

'This one-stop solution is only temporary as I still have to go to the centres to nip my CashCard problems,' said Mr Eugene Tay, a 29-year-old business owner.

'When will they get to the root of it and stop the errors for real?'

In a joint press release, LTA and Nets said they are 'investigating the cause of these incidents'.

Many drivers have blamed the faults on the CashCard material, which they say is too weak. Some say the cards develop ridges over time, making them harder for IUs to read.

A list of authorised LTA vehicle inspection centres can be found at www.onemotoring.com.sg. Motorists wanting cash refunds from the CashCards will still need to get them at the banks.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_240113.html

↡ Advertisement

aiya, garment wan us to pay for erp and yet got tis fine and tat fine... dan initially some still need to pay for own IU... wan to squeeze our money still wan us pay for a machine which squeeze our money... kaoz [:|]

if they want to sell a product ie. IU + cashcard, the ball is in their court to ensure both are working and compatible before putting it on the market

same analogy as marriage, u just dont pick any one on the street to marry, who knows might be a ladyboy with man tits [dizzy]

I can only conclude that NEWSPAPER reports/ STOMPS reports /Internet complaints are the only true ways to get things done in Singapore.

No amount of personnal letters to LTA/Police/Gov has come to any useful results. The most is getting the standard official reply from them or published in the ST forum pages.

Its only when the newspaper starts writting with charts and pictures and cause the whole Singapore citizens to start talking bad about Singapore gov, then you will see some actions being done. (Actually I have the deep thinking that such news are Bad image for Singapore when foreigners read them, so gov lan lan have to act fast to show the foreigners that gov is caring and fast action)

This reminds me of the show Vendetta "Its the gov that should be afraid of the people"

So the next time you guys got anything to complain about....best to contect the Gossip Wan Pao reporters and tell your story.

in singapore, ball is never in the gahmen court. [rolleyes]

maybe they have no balls [idea]

think MSK where peasants are accused of being complacent (true, but it's an unnecessary diversion). etc etc.

PUI!!!!

few months ago i changed my IU, lucky i dun encounter ERP so i find out IU spoil when i go cashcard parking.

I changed 3 units in 3 weeks and they blamed it on my ICE. I bo chup, i still go change until now this 3rd unit is working fine [:p]

email to authorities and CC to the press, CC to their ministar.

i got email to HDB, CC to Mah Bow Tan. he did not reply. HDB replied (accepting my appeal) after i got MP to write letter, and they acknowledge my email to MBT in their reply.

i email to singapore power, CC to press and CC to yaacob ibrahim. SP reply to me also acknowledge that i sent email to the above parties.

i am not sure how effective including the ministar is, BUT if one has a valid and strong case, i'm sure the authorities in question will sweat abit, or at least bother to come up with mroe than just a half fark answer [sly]

of course for stupid things like parking fine, want a waiver, better not try la. just that recently got gahmen authorities try to screw me [rolleyes]

sometimes, gahmen appeal hotline is good enuff. for GST credits (give me less than i am entitled to), the guy on the hotline was damn good [thumbsup]. so no need to blow every matter up [flowerface]

but for SP n HDB, totally CMI. not sure abt LTA but the sentiment does not seem very positive [lipsrsealed]

this culture of blaming the citizen seems to have permeated all levels of gahmen. from ministar to technician [shakehead][thumbsdown]

I also have faulty cash card...

lazy to waste time go down... just pay discounted $8 fine through internet (usual $10)

(edited)

1st they blamed the user.

Then said the certain batch of cards produced in XXX yr/mth...

Now FOC exhange centre.

All get what does it mean ?

My point is : they know the k/out yet let go, until it is too overwhelm Bo Pian LL FOC Xchange. (result of trying to cover up) -- anyway no head roll as usual -- another honest mistake !! [laugh]

Edited by Tanjkp

spending more manee to konpensay their neckleegerm again... [thumbsdown]

ur speeeling very [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

never read enuf state time ah?? [laugh]

hey... where do i go to do my faulty cashcard or IU? i keep kenna... 3 times liao...a long beeep... haha.. anyone know where should i call or go to? thanx! cheerss!