PEDRA BRANCA IS OURS!!!

Schmi

Heard seabed surrounding that area a lot of good quality sand, unlimited due to the nature of the current flow across that area............

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

And commercial fishing over there is good too [thumbsup] Foreign Fishing vessels came into our Jurong and Senoko Fisheries Port via the waters over there [nod]

And of course reclamation and wat naught could be done uninhibitedly within our waters...wah so many tangible benefits I can't list them all out in a flash [;)]

It may have nothing to do with me economically but as a SINGAPOREAN, I'm happy that we won [flowerface]

I'm saying this regardless of who is the govt. of the day...I'm saying this bcos this is a victory for Singaore and as a Singaporean, I'm happy for my country [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Singapore wins Pedra Branca

Malaysia wins Middle Rocks and Southern Ledge

It belongs to Singapore but not us Singaporean.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

yeah, we got nothing to gain from it. even the lighthouse can steer the ships to s'pore, the ships don't belong to us.... and revenue generated by the port goes to the port and taxes to the gahmen. port workers get paid, but most of the port workers are foreign talent. now, the taxpayers got to fund for the maintenance of the lighthouse. next year, your tax will icrease by another 1% point..... happy?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Gee this is really ji lang ji bua..

but at least our pedra branca will not be under water...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
And commercial fishing over there is good too [thumbsup] Foreign Fishing vessels came into our Jurong and Senoko Fisheries Port via the waters over there [nod]

I'm saying this regardless of who is the govt. of the day...I'm saying this bcos this is a victory for Singaore and as a Singaporean, I'm happy for my country [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

fishing? do you realize that for m'sia to get into middle rocks and south ledge, they got to cross s'pore waters? if s'pore can steer the ships to s'pore, m'sia can steer the fishes to their territory. you want to fish in their territory?

Edited by Alcapone

at least it pays off for the maintainence work that we have carried out on the little island over the years... [flowerface]

PD is already ours,we maintain it. Just tat another country is challenging its sovereignty.Let's just hope they wont take heart

(edited)

[wave] No man is an island. I'm not here to be a Mr. Know-all either...u're perfectly entitled to yr opinion bro ...and I tend to stick to mine [thumbsup]

[flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm

(edited)

[nod][nod][nod]

And we'll not be branded as a fool that helped them maintain the island for so many decades only to handover to them nilly willy [nod]

Again I must stress here cos to certain ppl I got to be specific or they'll go on a frolic of their own when it comes to interpretation... [sly] (this para. is not a reply to you [:p] )

I dun care who the fark governs Singapore today and my happiness in this issue is not an endorsement of their style of govt. whatsoever [nod] Neither am I politically inclined towards them or anyone for that matter. I'm happy bcos I'm a Singaporean and my country emerge victorious against our neighbour in relation to PB island...Period [thumbsup]

If u have some beef against our gahmen of the day...be a gentleman and take it out on them...kindly do not come in here to teach me how to put my dick up or down [nod] (this is not a reply to you either [;)] )

Lets just leave it at that [flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Neutral Newbie

Actually this is the unofficial reason for S'pore triumph ->

ICG in the Hague decided to dealt out punishment to the Malaysians for earlier using cheap photoshop trick(to make it that Pedra Branca is nearer to Johor).... [sly]

• Praise 1

The most southern islands still in Dispute. Not verdict yet. Good enough to get the Main island. Just nice to allow ships come in .

• Praise 1

What type of judgement is this [dizzy][dizzy][dizzy]

That's what came to my mind as well. What is the point?

Boh pian have to give them something to play with, if not later say unfair. [lipsrsealed]

we got the island... they got a cluster of rocks and an elevation which is submerged during high tide....

in other words, we got the fish and they got the hay-bee

==========================

No leh. I think they wil prevent SG boats from fishing there now cos they own the surrounding area. We just got the rock & lighthouse.

But that sud b enough for our gharmen cos all they need is the rock & lighthouse.

But let's see what the MY gharmen tries to do now. Maybe restrict our marine dept & police boats from going to the rock/lighthouse unless we get their permission 1st. Then no choice but to access by helicopter only.

Our military has a facility on the rock which caused all this trouble, I think. Long ago b4 the military were stationed there, MY couldn't care less about the place.

But it used to b a good fishing spot. We used to go there regularly. Sometimes got so many SG fishing boats there, at night it look like got "pasar malam". [laugh]

Maybe I'm not so patriotic. I just don't know what's the big fuss about a pile of rock in the middle of the sea. Exactly like you have said, during high tide it'll probably be submerged, and maybe 1 more tsunami later, it don't exist anymore.

======================

Very important cos the Horsburg lighthouse there is to guide ships to SG safely.

Ever since the military set up base there, MY worried we use all those high-tech equip there to spy on them so they cannot sleep at night since then.

Anyway we got what we want & MY supposedly got what they want now so all sud b happy. Let's wait for part 2 of this saga. [sly]

(edited)
Wah ...like that seems very complicating lei ... wouldn't it cause more tension ? From the map shown . It's seems that the distance is very near between the Rocks and island...

It's like Singapore had the house. Malaysia had the door ...

=================

More like SG has the house & MY has the garden around it. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Pisces69
↡ Advertisement