PEDRA BRANCA IS OURS!!!

Schmi

Singapore wins Pedra Branca

Malaysia wins Middle Rocks and Southern Ledge

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

we got the island... they got a cluster of rocks and an elevation which is submerged during high tide....

in other words, we got the fish and they got the hay-bee

Maybe I'm not so patriotic. I just don't know what's the big fuss about a pile of rock in the middle of the sea. Exactly like you have said, during high tide it'll probably be submerged, and maybe 1 more tsunami later, it don't exist anymore.

• Praise 1

Wah ...like that seems very complicating lei ... wouldn't it cause more tension ? From the map shown . It's seems that the distance is very near between the Rocks and island...

It's like Singapore had the house. Malaysia had the door ...

• Praise 1

yup... the focus will now be the waters around the island and rocks and who owns it and by how much...

Maybe I'm not so patriotic. I just don't know what's the big fuss about a pile of rock in the middle of the sea. Exactly like you have said, during high tide it'll probably be submerged, and maybe 1 more tsunami later, it don't exist anymore.

Radarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................

• Praise 1

the 2 other rocks are nothing...the lighthouse is very crucial for shipping...

So Overall do we still lose out ?

Sounds like Singapore 1 --- 2 Malaysia lei ... [laugh]

(edited)

[nod] Exclusive Economic Zone which stretches from the coastline of Pedra Branca to a distance of 2 nautical miles...

Bottomline is; u can do whatever u wish within this EEZ including the mining of natural resources if any. And of course the right of passage of commercial vessels into Singapore waters and sea ports via this route [thumbsup]

Edited by Chickenfarm

So Overall do we still lose out ?

Sounds like Singapore 1 --- 2 Malaysia lei ... [laugh]

Our pie is bigger, they got part of the crust and a piece of rock. [flowerface]

(edited)

In short; dun just think abt. the waters around the rocks...think abt the waters all the way from Singapore to the lighthouse...these belongs to Singapore.

And of course there is no such thing as 2 nautical miles in Singapore and MY waters cos we are too close to each other so an imaginary line has to be drawn in the middle and that includes the demarcation between the lighthouse and Middle Rocks and South Ledge.

But the important note is vessels can still come in via Singapore's segment of territorial waters over there instead of making a big detour which merchants may give Singapore a miss due to that [thumbsup]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Always thot EEZ is 200 nau. miles..... maybe i am wrong.

Personally , very happie cos still can go Horsburgh fishing.......tho current there is terrible...

• Praise 1

(edited)

U're right bro...I'm the one who is mistaken abt. the figures here [laugh]

Under UNCLOS, territorial waters stretches from our shoreline to a distance of 2 nautical miles. Beyond that there is still the EEZ which is 200 nautical miles so that adds up to the original demarcation [thumbsup] I left that 200 miles out bcos we don't really have that luxury over here [nod]

Time for me to do some revision liao [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Thanks for highlighting the descrepancy bro [thumbsup][flowerface]

Edited by Chickenfarm
↡ Advertisement