Recommendation for tint for window at home

Cow28

Yo..

Me house facing afternoon sun. Any personal recommendation for tint companies for window tint at home ?

THANKS !

↡ Advertisement

Check out SUN-X: http://www.sun-x.com.sg/index.html

I changed all the windows in my house last year. Old windows had SUN-X window films. New ones came tinted so didn't apply any films.

Can really feel the difference...old windows much better. My general observations:

Old windows:

- Before going out i will close all the windows... upon return, room felt cool.

- Window glass feels warm to the touch in the afternoon.

New windows:

- Same habit, close all windows before going out...upon return room feels warmer than the past.

- Glass feels HOT when i touch it in the afternoon.

Supercharged

my place has same prob as you, i was recommended to Trent from Tintsy Cool by some of the bros here. u might like to ask him for a quotation:-

http://www.tintsycool.com/

and at the same time get a few quotes from other and do a comparision amongst the products offered by the different coy.

go to your regular curtain maker, they will have the same service as Sun-X and it's cheaper.

Did mine, no regrets. It's the cut in UV rays which is also impt as it's this UV that will damage your furnishings

Hypersonic

Sa homefix got DIY solar film.. But have to DIY, risk of getting bubbles, if don't haver the skill..

I rather go for blackout curtain..

Supercharged

thank u bro for yr suggestion.

are you saying that not only can they make UV curtains but they hv way to run curve rod plus mount it on the window frame??

i hv curtains in my hse but there's a distance from the window to where the curtain rod is being fixed. so i have to break the rods into 2 section due to the odd shape. darn those hdb architects smash.gif i can't settled for ready made rod/curtains or customised ones.

for curve rods, i have seen some units in some my neighbours having bay windows bend the rods to run along the main window and the smaller 2 side windows

i was actually referring to UV films offered by the curtain contractor. I paid something like 600-800 for my living room full length windows, 2 bedroom bay windows and masterbedroom 3/4 height windows.

i have afternoon sun and my wooden furniture by the window is still in good condition.

Yo..

Me house facing afternoon sun. Any personal recommendation for tint companies for window tint at home ?

THANKS !

Frankly ... perhaps you could get some solar panels instead ... and use the solar energy generated to power some of your electrical appliances in your home.

Supercharged

bro if u do settle for tinting, make sure the installer comes after 1wk to check n instruct u on pos-installation do's n don't's. n if yrs got to remove previous film, asked them to remove foc, hehehe. asked how long it takes to install n not forgetg warranty. all the best.

Supercharged

i had the same idea but it is not approved hdb.

plus if u had done some research, u got to get a converter to convert DC to AC to run yr hse appliances. u only get 80% electricity if based on conventional panel. but there's constantly improvements to "collection panel", now just hv to wait for it to be more affordable.

Supercharged

i've got 5 full panel windows which is not totally bay more like a crescent. due to the length, the curtain contractor says they hv to split the rod into 2 n there will be a gap in the centre portion.

however, tks for sharing. will take that into consideration when i'm planning the next renovation to current flat.

I had the same idea but it is not approved hdb.

Plus if u had done some research, u got to get a converter to convert DC to AC to run yr hse appliances. u only get 80% electricity if based on conventional panel. but there's constantly improvements to "collection panel", now just hv to wait for it to be more affordable.

Of course not approved lah ... if approved ... then all of us electricity bills goes down ... then their revenue drops ... HOW CAN? [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

Frankly ... don't need to convert to AC ... just just need to by-passed the transformer that steps down our plug's 240V AC .... can liao.

Most of the appliances run on 12V DC ... which is stepped down from 240V AC.

↡ Advertisement