Toilet ceiling leaking

Yr1985

Found out to be upstairs unit toilet flooring gone case, bugger refused to share the cost to redo his flooring. Have contacted HDB, but the process is going to take ages. Any other alternatives? Throw red paint?

↡ Advertisement

Had a celling water seepage problem when I got my resale flat about 5 years ago too. Luckily the neighbor upstairs was understanding, and we shared the cost of re-waterproofing and renovating their bathroom floor.

I met the MP during the "meet the people" session to ask for a HDB subsidy. Once approved, HDB will foot 50% of the bill, and each neighbor only pays 25% each. Worked out to less than S$200, for my case. AFAIK, this is a standard procedure to get the paperwork done for HDB to help out.

Funny thing was, my neighbor's bathroom was a dry room. The cause of seepage could be from the other bathroom, or from the walls.

Try getting some rough quotations for the renovation, and speak to your neighbor nicely. It might help, good luck!

The unit above me give me f**king attitude problem, especially the old woman. My contractor offer to help take a look, she said only when it is free then she'll let them comes in. Their flooring cracking here and there, toilet bowl also choked till over flow. She even told me even if HDB come she also will not pay. ccb! They are not exactly poor till have to pick card boards, saw them alight at central in a cab when the house is only 2 bus stops away. I will have my way somehow, and I'll swear!

Neutral Newbie
Found out to be upstairs unit toilet flooring gone case, bugger refused to share the cost to redo his flooring. Have contacted HDB, but the process is going to take ages. Any other alternatives? Throw red paint?

You is stay in the GOverenment flat calling the HDB?

I thinking cheap houses nothing much to do for you.

I have expericence seeing the slump near Karachi... is government housing too.. but not good ..

You may stay in apartment which is private.

Thank you

(edited)

I have been living with a similar issue for more than a year. It started after the neighbour upstairs did some renovation work to their toilet. I called HDB (when the problem first appeared) and they called the contractor who did the upstairs renovation to fix the leak. The contractor came more than 10 times but was unable to fix it. I called HDB recently (again) and they said they will issue a letter to the contractor, and this was the only thing they could do.

Sigh, not sure what to do [:(] . But in my case, the neighbor is fond of taking mineral baths (!) and this is causing stalagtites to form on the ceiling.

post-15-1212245991_thumb.jpg

Edited by Count_dukulangsat

my god...mine toilet leak same as urs. but ur story more complicated than mine where u stay?

bring this up to the MP if u want to b civil.

to b uncivil.. i know of stuff tat can b used without trace... lipsrsealed.gif

But ur neighbourhood quite new compare to mine at Clementi...neighbour never take bath? Our osama friend is taking bath once a month in his private apartment, sometimes he do misses a few months...you may stay below him...but then hor...better not [lipsrsealed]

well, since their pipe is in ur toylet, there's always ways to clog it bad.

real bad they wun b able to use it. then their turn to ask tolong.

↡ Advertisement