Petrina & Joe

Melissa

This is shocking, I actually met Joe at East Coast Mac on Vesak day and he was still wearing his black 91.3 T shirt, but he did seem rather unfriendly even though I said hi, not sure if he already was "let go" at that time.

Pity him, he needs the money, Patrina does not.

I met Joe at a PI car showroom sometime back. He was friendly... we had some small chat about cars...

↡ Advertisement

but i do feel sorry for them if they had been let go just bcos they discussed some Manga Li person that they should not had been discussing

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sounds damn farnie sia!

Btw, wat's up with this manga li?

What the hell...... These current DJs really cannot make it la . Ah well back to 98.3 to listen to the news then .

i admit they were best for morning show. before them...the 3men1lady was top for 98.7

mangali is like against racial discrimination i supposed. there are alot mangali will call comprain if they hear the discrimination. [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

Last night at around 3-4 am there is a constant announcement on 91.3 that Joe and Petrina is no more and they apologise to the listeners and all.

Funny thing is in the morning around 8.30-9.30am, I didn't hear that announcement while on the way to work.

Why annouce it at 3-4am but not during the breakfast slot since that slot is more relevant?

(edited)

3-4pm...u mean.. [:)]

One of the best duo since Joe and the flying dutchman era..too bad..all good things must come to an end..i guess. [:|]

Edited by Babyckh

Supercharged

DJ like Joe no worries cannot survive. At most do MC for various events. I think that earn more than doing just radio.

It is so true that there is nothing else that i can listen to after Joe and Petrina is gone. I was still waiting patiently for them to be back from their "vacation" and then suddenly read about it on papers today.

Flipped through a few stations driving to work this morning, nothing interesting for me to stay on. May be will try Power98 tomorrow, heard Hossan Leong is there in the morning.

Supercharged
I haven't really been listening to 91.3.

What happened to Joe and Petrina, are they REALLY fired because they have been too outspoken? [confused]

Im not sure why too, news article nvr said much...

Well.. as we all know (majority), radio 913 belongs to SPH..

Newpaper also belongs to SPH... [sly]

THE management

replied that bcos Petrina resigns, and Joe was left alone and since

'the morning show' is a duo partner job so

management decides to 'fire' Joe and they will reveal who will

be the NEW morning show hosts next week... etc etc...

(i think the online version of the Newpaper will be out tmw,

maybe you guys can check it tmw) [;)]

The reason given by the management as reported in the paper sounded quite lame.

Neutral Newbie

I hope this is a gimmick like one of you mentioned. Can't imagine my morning trip to work without their humours and voices. I have since switched to other stations.

It may be a gimmick because 91.3 is full of shxt... good ones. [laugh] Rice war, 5000k cash - biggest price given in radio history...

Turbocharged
Last night at around 3-4 am there is a constant announcement on 91.3 that Joe and Petrina is no more and they apologise to the listeners and all.

Funny thing is in the morning around 8.30-9.30am, I didn't hear that announcement while on the way to work.

Why annouce it at 3-4am but not during the breakfast slot since that slot is more relevant?

So next time SPH can report that they have made the "relevant" announcements on air?

To say that this whole state of affairs is badly handled is an understatement. [thumbsdown]

(edited)

http://tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,166501,00.html

Here's the link... No need to copy n paste from the blog la [laugh]

The thing is not whether Joe can afford to be unemployed or not,

whether can survive or not..

Its the way, the radio stn handle his situation.

Imagine without letting him said his goodbye on air,

and 'kicking' him out just like that.. it sucks..

Edited by Melissa
↡ Advertisement