Witnessed a minor accident

Scion

Turbocharged

during lunchtime today, i saw a red altis, while parking head in, crashed into a benz with a pretty loud sound... the altis quickly drove away, leaving the benz with bad scratches and damaged clips of its front bumper, slightly dislodged.

i rem the number plate of the altis and went for the lunch, thinking maybe the altis owner will leave a note on the benz...

after lunch, i went back to the carpark but there was nothing on the benz (well, shd be normal right)...

so i was pondering for 10 min between being a kaypoh or to mind my own business...

in the end, i left a note on the benz to inform him the number plate of the altis and my contact number, offered to be a witness if the owner needs help...

if you were me, what will u do?

i'm just hoping next time if i kena this kinda sh|t, someone will help me too... heh

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Yeah.. i think it is a good move.. there are a lot of these hit-and-run cases recently.. i will do the same thing as what you did..

Edited by Reuters

bro, in my opinion, u've done the right thing!

i would be a friggin kaypoh too if i were u - imagine someone banged ur car and left u to fix up the mess and it's not even ur fault! that's just too sad & unfair!

i'm just glad to hear u did what u did!

CHEERS!

Neutral Newbie

dun worry despite critics that sinkaporeans juz stand n watch...

sure gt some gd souls around 1 [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i recently witness a accident similar to urs but only scratches on my n'bour car

who dun even know kenna till i inform him also took down the car no.

i kaypoh also but wont every car owner(victim)would mind if some wants to be witness

[angel]

Usually I will try to attract the attention of the pertetrator, and make him realised that his actions has being witnessed by someone.

Even if I could not take down the licenceplate in time.

At least I hope I can make the culprit have a few sleepless nights, wondering whether the police will come knocking on his door anytime soon.

I once witness a taxi slowing down quickly and cause a Mit Lancer to e-brake and self-mount onto the center divider. This happened in front of the road between Summerdale Condo and the fire station at Boon Lay Place. I flashed at the taxi and horned, but the taxi accelerated off very fast towards Boon Lay MRT direction, while I went off towards Jurong point direction.

I took down the licence plate of the taxi and called up the police to give them the taxi number and his act. It was an annoymouse call, so I don't know the outcome.

On hindsight, I doubt my information will get passed from police to insurance to car owner at all.

Supercharged

i did the same as well before.

and incidentally the cars are also the same in my case. altis hit the mercs.

Turbocharged

nowadays i dunno whether singapore is still a gracious society...

eg, usually i will flash (not those impatient flashes) to the opp lanes whenever i spot a TP on a overhead bridge in their lanes... i know it's not exactly right to do this, but heck, i want to warn the others becos long ago, someone in the opp lanes flashed and it did help me from being caught becos i slowed down...

anyway i tot most will appreciate this kind of gesture until recently i read that one person complained to stomp, not on this flashing but abt radio DJ giving early warning on the "possible" locations of the TP...

hmmm, so the DJ (or everyone else) shd mind his own business?

Turbocharged

thanks bro...

anyway i'm not that gracious lah...

like any typical singaporean, if i were to witness a group of gangsters bullying one or two victims, i dunno whether i will stand up for them anot... it hasn't happened to me yet... haa [gossip]

I actually hit someone's Hyundai Elantra while making a 3-point-turn. I left a note on the car with my contact number, but no one ever called me to follow up. Weird.

like any typical singaporean, if i were to witness a group of gangsters bullying one or two victims, i dunno whether i will stand up for them anot... it hasn't happened to me yet... haa

That one is different scenario liao [laugh][laugh][laugh][:)]

(edited)
during lunchtime today, i saw a red altis, while parking head in, crashed into a benz with a pretty loud sound... the altis quickly drove away, leaving the benz with bad scratches and damaged clips of its front bumper, slightly dislodged.

i rem the number plate of the altis and went for the lunch, thinking maybe the altis owner will leave a note on the benz...

after lunch, i went back to the carpark but there was nothing on the benz (well, shd be normal right)...

so i was pondering for 10 min between being a kaypoh or to mind my own business...

in the end, i left a note on the benz to inform him the number plate of the altis and my contact number, offered to be a witness if the owner needs help...

if you were me, what will u do?

i'm just hoping next time if i kena this kinda sh|t, someone will help me too... heh

My situation: My frens and i playing mahjong at the front porch of his house, suddenly heard a loud crash, ran out to see what happened and saw a car driving off. Notice my fren's neighbour car kena langgar, went into my car barefooted [laugh] ,chase after the car, honk and highbeam the fella, the driver refused to stop so i took down his licence plate, went back and pass to the neighbour, in 10mins the car came back.... guess he knew he kena noted.... he is confirmed high from drinking..... anyway since the neighbour was there, left them to discuss... and we continued our mahjong.... and i lost money [bigcry]

Edited by Galantspeedz
↡ Advertisement