Paintwork Damaged by Bird Droppings. Help!

Sleepyman

Hi all,

My paintwork (black), is damaged by acidic bird droppings. 2 areas around the size of 50c coins are corroded I think. Looks like those paint kena splash by acid but not so jialat.

In my case poslishing wont help ya? How much to patch it up and where? Sianz...

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

think you'd need professional help liao. i just let it be until it was time to send my car in to the professionals lor.

i kena be4. once bird droppings, another time was fruits from the tree.

I think no matter how often you wax and polish your car, protection against these attacks is pretty futile. if they are not removed immediately, they would be pretty much etched into the paintwork.

sidetrack - are there any products that can really protect our paint work from these attacks?

Help! Help! Help!

Go kill the birds lor. If not they'll come back and drop more which will destroy your entire car's paintwork. [:|]

Try to use Scratch X to remove if it is not too jialat [nod][nod][nod]

But if it is really jialat then you'll need professional help liao [:/]

I guess he doesn't know how to remove bird droppings on his car. The wound might be self-inflicted by using force to remove the dried dropping.

For me I usually use a water-soaked tissue sit on the dropping for a couple of minutes to soften it b4 using a bottle of water to run water over it. If the stubborn stain still there just let it soak longer.

The only advice I have from DG chemist was to use QD to clean it off... and another way is to shoot down the birdslaugh.gif

I was telling them to come out with some product that will when the bird poo landed on surface..it will disperse..hopefully they can come out with something soon..

Neutral Newbie

scratch x also cannot leh.

ya. best practise so far is to wet a piece of tissue and let it sit on top of the cake as long as you can wait. then scoop it off, not wipe, to reduce chance of scratches.

New car is it? I stopped going for car washes and polishing my car after 1 year. [flowerface]

Ok. Some techniques I used before when I am super on about cleanliness and shine. Not sure if it's still the right way to do it. If you ganna, then quickly rinse with water. If dried, then apply a layer of liquid wax, wait for a while, rinse with water. Should be able to come off quite easily.

Practically speaking, haha..... I agree with the rest of the bros here. No point stressing yourself over one or two blots of paint corrosion. Once you accumulate many many blots, and you feel the need to re-polish, then go for it loh. More worth it IMO.

(edited)

Yap its new. 2 months old...

Things is its kinda like splashed with acid, I can see the paint like popping up? uneven pimple like thingy. Its not like some watermarks or stains, it looks like acne on my paint. and it really looks gross.

Ill try to up a photo later. Sianz

Edited by Sleepyman

Hi all,

My paintwork (black), is damaged by acidic bird droppings. 2 areas around the size of 50c coins are corroded I think. Looks like those paint kena splash by acid but not so jialat.

In my case poslishing wont help ya? How much to patch it up and where? Sianz...

Thanks!

Did u try polishing it? It usually works...of course u need to rinse off the big sxxt 1st lah...the tissue with water is a good way....never scratch with nails!

Then get a claybar....should work.

Will it help? "Cos I can see the paint like popping up? uneven pimple like thingy. Its not like some watermarks or stains, it looks like acne on my paint. and it really looks gross."

Neutral Newbie

Sounds like the bird dropping has etched into the paint work [sweatdrop] . I really doubt you can remove it by hand, most likely you will need to sand down the effected area and than follow up with machine buffing to remove the sanding marks. This should pretty much take care of the etched marks.

(edited)
I guess he doesn't know how to remove bird droppings on his car. The wound might be self-inflicted by using force to remove the dried dropping.

For me I usually use a water-soaked tissue sit on the dropping for a couple of minutes to soften it b4 using a bottle of water to run water over it. If the stubborn stain still there just let it soak longer.

I'll spray the QD over it and let it soaked for a while before attempting to scoop it off using a MF cloth [nod][nod][nod]

If still cannot, the spray more & soaked until it is soften enough before scooping it off [nod][nod][nod]

Sometimes, do left with some ugly hairline scratch when i'm too rough handed ... [:|]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

scratch x also cannot leh.

ya. best practise so far is to wet a piece of tissue and let it sit on top of the cake as long as you can wait. then scoop it off, not wipe, to reduce chance of scratches.

[nod][nod][nod][nod][nod]

Guess you'll need professional help liao [:/]

↡ Advertisement