Crude Oil Keeps Dropping - Petrol Cartel Still Holding Prices High

Alechi

FAST TO RAISE PRICES ...

SLOW TO LOWER ...

ALTHOUGH WE DRIVERS KNOW THE SCHEMING AND CUNNING OF THE CARTEL, WE ALSO KNOW THAT THERE'S REALLY NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT ... SIMPLY BECAUSE COMPETITION IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS

EVERY KIOSK SELLING AT SAME PRICE ... HOW TO COMPETE??? REWARDS POINTS ETC ... ALL ALMMOST THE SAME ... HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE

AT LEAST WHEN I'M DRIVING AROUND IN AUSTRALIA, I CAN REALLY SEE KIOSKS SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH DIFFERENT PRICINGS ...

FAKE COMPETITION ... SIGH [thumbsdown][dizzy][dead][mad][crazy][rifle]

↡ Advertisement

Singapore dont have any cartels...all cartels or whatever "competition" are linked to the MIW.

Don't forget, Singapore Inc. is not a term that comes out of thin air. [sly]

Personally I think competition should come from alternative source of fuel. CNG is really workable and based on one paper reports I read 2 weeks ago, there are 15 cars being converted daily.

I hope the plan to build more CNG refueling kiosks would speed up.

Hanor, no meaning at all, might as well only have one brand here in Singapore, no need so many. All price same same. No competition, one up, all up the same. [furious]

don't so fast go and hug CNG and say it's a savior. when demand goes up, price will also go up. look at what happend to the so called biofuel. Now the main feedstock, soybeans, corn and palm oil are so costly, it doesn't make sense anymore to produce biodiesel.

Can guarantee you once CNG becomes popular, gahmen will step into the picture and set up stations charging high prices.

I will chop off my family jewel and post it on MCF if they won't do it.

oil price has plunge from a high $135 to $121 yet no price decrease in our petrol. what the fxxk?!

Neutral Newbie

If you're a businessman and presented with this opportunity to let your product stay at a higher marked up price, wouldn't you do so for as long as it is possible?

There's only profitability to speak of, everything else that's done is simply for branding and corporate image.

Hypersonic

You really think CNG is a saviour? Wait till a lot of cars have converted to CNG then you will see the govt start to tax on CNG.

Neutral Newbie
Can guarantee you once CNG becomes popular, gahmen will step into the picture and set up stations charging high prices.

ditto

Neutral Newbie

i think the only place in SG that u can find different pricing for same brand of oils are at those Supermarkets! [:p] these supermarkets confirmed no cartel! even some branches of the same supermarket can sell same brand of oil at different price! [laugh]

Hanor, no meaning at all, might as well only have one brand here in Singapore, no need so many. All price same same. No competition, one up, all up the same. [furious]

Yea, might as well all station become SPC or lagi better... P*P petrol [sly][lipsrsealed]

Bro, relax lah, you play so big ah. [dizzy]

The only differentiation u will see for petrol cartel is DIFFERENT PATH YOUR MONEY GOES INTO MIW coffers.

↡ Advertisement