Will You Buy a Lotus Elise SC

Coolpica

Will You Buy a Lotus Elise SC  

112 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, it is value for money!
    • No, it is a crappy car.
    • Maybe, if I have the money.

Just read a review on Lotus Elise that comes with a bolted supercharger. With the supercharger, the horsepower has increased from 189 to 218 and reducing the time of century sprint to 4.5s. This is comparable to most sports cars such as Ferrari. However, Elise is not known to have good build quality for its interior parts. At $233,800 with COE, it is consider a steal. So will you purchase one?

More info at http://www.lotuscars.com/elise_220.html

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

i would just buy a Elise S... for $169k. Contrary to popular belief, Elise isn't about shear acceleration, it's the handling makes the car. [thumbsup]

of course, with either one, you have to live with the inconvenience of getting in and out of the car! [laugh] unlike a comfy Porsche Boxster/Cayman...

interior? there's almost none to talk about, so i'm not sure what kind of build quality is there to talk about! [laugh]

Edited by Kyojin

haha... Not even a proper dashboard. But heck, u buy the car for what it is. I'm very surprised that the 1.8L Toyota engine found in Elise SC is the same as that found in Wish. Imagine tuning the engine in Wish to that of the specs of the Elise SC's. Wooo.... [sweatdrop]

(edited)

It's an uncomfy car....Sit on its seat maciam sitting on the ground liao...And dun forget slight bumps , uneven roads can make u vomit when in e car...

Edited by Gary84

It's more of a track car. If u'r looking for good interior good quality, u'r looking at the wrong car. The weird Aluminium bonded(yes, gum) chassis make u feel insecure about the whole car but the light weight gives excellent power to weight ratio.

It's not going to be comfortable, that's for sure. Plus if u'r a tall or fat bloke or both u'll have difficulty getting in & out of the car, especially with the top on. Most likely u'll be crawling with your hands and legs to get in & out.

Its price vs power to weight ratio makes it a "bang-for the buck" sub-supercar. If I live near to a track, I dun mind having one.

I dont think that the Elise is a daily driver unless ur idea of a good time is self inflicted pain? [laugh] . Great track car thou. I guess it wud be a good 2nd car? In same price range I'd go for a 335i covertible/coupe or Boxster? Or if ur a tracknut then get a GTR [bounce1]

elise is babe grabbing car.. but really not that comfy ride la.. and small interior... my buddy driving one in LA.. while i drove a CRV but then.. the only thing is he keep on borrowing my car to use as love mobile... [sly][sly][:p][laugh]

same family. Wish uses 1ZZ, Lotus uses the 2ZZ, but only the Elise S uses the exact same block, Elise R onwards the head is made/tuned by Yamaha.

anyway, the Elise isn't as uncomfortable as many think... many zhng'd Evos, WRX and Civics have harsher rides! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement