If without NS...

Leepee

There are many grouse that FT are taking over our safe country.

That they benefit from our NS stint which provided a safe and clean island for them to enjoy and suck us dry and as a stepping stone to USA/Canada/etc.

IF there was no NS and reservist for local males to waste 2 years of our life...

The question is....

Will we rhen be more 'open arms' to accept the FT to be part of Singapore?

My own answer would be, Yes I will accept all FT if there is no NS for me and my children.

How about you?

↡ Advertisement

TKSS, no NS. You don't know the underlining importance of military defense.

If neighbors decide to come over, who's going to fight them off? US, British, YOU?

You WILL never know the importance till you have been in a real war situation.

Open leg more likely. Open arms.

Will we rhen be more 'open arms' to accept the FT to be part of Singapore?

But hor after being tru NS, how confident u r that our Army can fight off enemy? Personally i dun have such confident.

Anyway, for those who wish to invade singapore, u dun need big army. Just cut us off, n we are dead meat.

I do agree to some extent with you on what's being said. Our army is sort of half past six,

but the experience you get from NS is something you remember for the rest of your life.

I don't know about you, but I'm from the old batch, and the discipline that was instill in me

has helped me overcome many things in life.

Seeing the present situation in SG, would you fight for this country? I believe you know my answer as well.

Agree. I very on before NS due to the propagenda thigy they come up to brainwash me thru media, after BMT i feel tat it disappoint me to the max. Even the civil servants those regular in my unit make the matter worst, make me wonder why sporean pay them so much. Not only me, most of the NSF at my batch think alike. Think i am in a bad unit.

the job of our army, as well as all army ard the world, is to WAYANG.

WAYANG is MORE important than actual ability. the key word here is deterrence.

no point being damn power, but pple dunno, then try to makan. in war, everyone loses. [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

Lang kiang jew ho; mai kay kiang [rolleyes]

Lu si Charboh tio boh??? When ta por gong wei...charboh mai chub chui [nod] Tiam tiam jew ho [nod]

Ya go in liao then realise, all wayang. And the most impt lession i learnt there, when u are rich, u dun need to suffer.

(edited)

Now, that I have to agree 1000%. laugh.gif

Forgot one more thing I always tell my men before, "It's not who you know, but who knows you that's important!" laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Mazdaowner

But hor after being tru NS, how confident u r that our Army can fight off enemy? Personally i dun have such confident.

Anyway, for those who wish to invade singapore, u dun need big army. Just cut us off, n we are dead meat.

Oh well..u muz also know who we are up against. The SAF is for the defence against our nothern and southern neighbours. Not against the USA or isaelis.

I believe we do have a choice - to be in NS or not. And if one do not want to be in NS, there's another choice - either we accept the consequences or run away from the country.

Then again those who decidedly to stay and serve their NS obligation, they can opt for the armed forces or police. So you see there are so many options for one to choose.

During the 50/60s, our immediate priorities were how to deal with the Indonesians. There was also the communist war in Vietnam - the domino theory that once the south is taken then the communist would march down with Thailand, Malaysia and finally Singapore.

I remembered the 60's days where you would without fail read inthe paper rampant kidnap. There was also the violence of the secret society to live with.

Fortunately for us, those situations provide us a platform for us on how to overcome many things in life.

Of course we would not want to see those days again but can we control these events?

(edited)
I do agree to some extent with you on what's being said. Our army is sort of half past six,

but the experience you get from NS is something you remember for the rest of your life.

I don't know about you, but I'm from the old batch, and the discipline that was instill in me

has helped me overcome many things in life.

Seeing the present situation in SG, would you fight for this country? I believe you know my answer as well.

I once asked this question also. But when you start to think about your loved ones, friends, investments, job, house etc. Would you stand by and watch them all killed/destroyed?

If you seen an enemy missile slammed into your house with your family happily dining inside, what would you do?

When people go to war, its always fuelled with hatred, anger or fear. Not because they love their ruling party.

Edited by Rickster