Clutch stuck and gear were unable to engage

Zoomm

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my car? My car's clutch somethimes stucked and the gear was unable to engage and the car seem to be like a auto gear. This usu happened when in the carpar where I depressed the clutch for to long. Please help.

Thank you.

[sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Could be some gearbox/gearplate problem, worsen by your riding on your clutch.

GO check with a mechanic.

Going to be expensive [jawdrop]

Neutral Newbie

is there any pedal feel ? Or would the clutch pedal kinda drop almost to the floor with little resistance ?

Had that problem in one of my earlier cars.... clutch pump died, basically cannot engage/disengage gears. Suggest send in for servicing.

sorry for hijacking old thread..

experiencing problems in engaging reverse lately.. the clutch can be depressed like usual..but however, the reverse gear is so hard to engage..

even though i have pushed it to the extreme right, when i try to pull the gear stick down.. there seems to be some restriction there.. tried a few times to release clutch and depress again.. sometimes can work, sometimes cannot.. if i try to be rough by just forcing it in.. there will be a sound like --> Grrrrrrraaak... [:(][dead]

please advise.. thanks

Adjustment of the clutch free play could solve the problem. Too much play make the reverse difficult to engage. If adjustment is max already, then clutch worn to limit.

Biting point is not that deep.. clutch is still quite new.. less than 10K on it.. sometimes can't engage the gear when in Basement CP (shopping centre).. then people horn like as if.. "WTF with this driver?? don't know how to drive don't drive".. [smallcry][smallcry]

check your engine mounts. if they're worn its harder to engage gears esp at low RPMS. Are you having any issues with engaging first gear or is it harder to engage first gear over the other gears???

(edited)

if its a hydralic clutch it sounds like either the master cylinder or slave cylinder is on its way out. If this happens too often, its just a matter of time before one of them goes and you're stuck without a working clutch. Usually the slave is first to go, but get them both checked out anyway.

Edit: ahh i forgot. if it uses a clutch cable, get the cable checked for kinks or damage.

Edited by Elfenstar

worn out synchromesh? try reving the engine while in neutral before engaging the gear? maybe it'll help... nothing to do with clutch i suppose

engaging other gears all no problem.. only reverse.. everytime must force it in.. *Grrrrrak*.. that sound hear liao will scared the vehicle Kapuk leh..

clutch free play shd be about 1/2" before clutch pedal tension inside the car cabin.

in your case it only adjustment at the engine compartment side.

Neutral Newbie

Looking at your avarta, you are driving a BJ 323? If that's so, you are using the hydraulic clutch and high change, the clutch pump's weak. Did you change your clutch disc and pressure plate recently?

Neutral Newbie

What's you cars mileage, model?

If mileage is about 50K, change your clutch disk & gear oil.

Neutral Newbie

My suzuki swift sport also facing same problem... can go forward but cannot engage reverse gear... anyone know what is wrong? any how much is the repair cost anyone know?

Hi all need ur advise/suggestion..i have this problem with my gearbox(manual gear)..i can't shift to my 1st gear when moving off..have to use 2nd gear..anyway i driving Chevrolet Spark..left 1 more year to go..thnx all

↡ Advertisement