Pre-employment medical checkup enquiries

Albeniz

Turbocharged

Dear Folks,

Got a question.

I have recently been offered a position but as usual, need to clear the the pre-employment checkups.

I would like to know how stringent are these checkups usually?

I have been experiencing heel pain for quite sometime (recently), have not seen a doctor but someone told me it might be gout (hearsay).

In the event if I really have gout (or even mild-high blood pressure), will it affect my chance of employment? I am getting rather paranoid as age is not on my side already [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

don't worry too much about gout unless your new position is a very physical one especially when u got a acute attack of gout. there's 2 way of general medication to gout-

1. allopurinol - taken daily, this is mainly for those who have very frequent attacks.

2. colchicine - taken during attack, this is to be taken one tablet every 2 hours during attack, stop when u get stomach upset.

other ways to reduce gout attack is to watch our diet, avoid alcohol, bean products, red meat, most seafood,

was said that drinking water with baking soda will reduce the attack but only the people who tested it knows. fresh coconut water without the meat is also said to curb during the attack.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

eh...

i donno what ur pre employment checkup consist...

but my pre employment checkup.. got no urine and blood test..

only some usual blood pressure.. eye sight.. + lung x ray tingy..

done at raffles medical..

[sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

hi All,

I just want to check with u all , for pre emp medical check , for urine test will they ask to urine on to cup and give back to doctor and check?

or they will ask u go outside toilet and give u urine strip for test?

thanks a lot

Edited by ic3fir3

I have been experiencing heel pain for quite sometime (recently), have not seen a doctor but someone told me it might be gout (hearsay).

The most common sign of gout is a nighttime attack of swelling, tenderness, redness, and sharp pain in your big toe camera.gif. You can also get gout attacks in your foot, ankle, or knees, or other joints. 

Not the heels 

Why you quote a 2008 post?

alamak ......... didnt read the dates .............. still happily answer  :dizzy:

Dont think TS has gout ... its more like I have eye sight problems hahahaha 

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 3

hi All,

I just want to check with u all , for pre emp medical check , for urine test will they ask to urine on to cup and give back to doctor and check?

thanks a lot

usually they will ask a junior nurse (abt 21 yrs old , at least C cup) to hold the cup for you , if the company you going to join has good welfare .......... or u need to pee infront of the doctor 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

The most common sign of gout is a nighttime attack of swelling, tenderness, redness, and sharp pain in your big toecamera.gif. You can also get gout attacks in your foot, ankle, or knees, or other joints.

Not the heels

alamak ......... didnt read the dates .............. still happily answer :dizzy:

Dont think TS has gout ... its more like I have eye sight problems hahahaha

That post originated from me 8 years ago.

Confirmed it was not gout but heel spur. Healed. Thanks all.

• Praise 1

That post originated from me 8 years ago.

Confirmed it was not gout but heel spur. Healed. Thanks all.

congratulation ! we waited 8 yrs for your answ but its worth it   :D

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

hi All,

thanks a lot

Please lah people come here and ask a serious question

we should help them so they can get the job.

The answer to your question is half of both answers

is correct.

They ask me go outside toilet 

and urine on to cup 

:D 

• Praise 3

hi All,

thanks a lot

Aiya, just get someone clean to urine into a container and you bring that container to the checkup clinic. If they ask you to urine in a cup just transfer that container of urine into it. If urine strip just dip it into the container. Problem solved.

usually they will ask a junior nurse (abt 21 yrs old , at least C cup) to hold the cup for you , if the company you going to join has good welfare .......... or u need to pee infront of the doctor

Don't anyhow smoke ok.. What you described wouldn't work. How to aim at the cup during election?

Edited by Jellandross

Don't anyhow smoke ok.. What you described wouldn't work. How to aim at the cup during election?

Thats true hahhha i guess most will just aim at the C cup 

• Haha! 1

Aiming at the cup is not the real issue here. The real issue is it's not urine that will enter the cup.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1