Your POV Pls : Bosch Plat Fusion vs Brisk LSG

Apollo

Faced with rising fuel cost.. will a better spark plug actually helps saving?

both types have shown more firing and consistent firing and claim better engine response. Brisk even hv studies done in U of Mich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX05Mrlom6g

Wat's ur POV? Worth or not worth?

Will this be too hot for most engine to handle?

Is this another snake oil?

I kinda agree most combustion r incomplete and we r merely discharging $$ as we r burning away. Otherwise iDsi engine EGR technology to recycle incomplete combustion gas would not hv proven good fuel economy overall performance. So for other cases, a better plug to compensate this difference?

Anyone uses them before can share ur view?

↡ Advertisement

There is no such thing as too hot to handle unless your coil puts out much more volts than the stock coil.

To me, the issue with spark plugs is longevity and not so much about how big the spark is. People may argue that you need a bigger spark, however, petrol being petrol, you just need a spark and that is all.

Just use stock plugs. Honda's likes to use Ir plugs as stock plugs. Just stick with those because I think to change 8 plugs every 10-20k is a pain. sweatdrop.gif

Exactly, imho spark plugs receive more hype than engine oil.

There are countless of such debates over @ the ang mo forums.

Long life plugs are a bliss, recently replaced my stock double plats after 90+K km and boy was it a underwear wet session, had to remove the entire intake manifold to access the last three plugs. [sweatdrop][:|]

There have been some debates about Bosch's 4 ground electrode design over at ang mo forums, some owners actually had problems with the notorious super-4, especially Maxima owners who swear by stock NGK plugs.

I guess the main advantage of a 4 ground electrode design is longevity without the use of exotic materials since the spark will choose the path with the least resistance.

Even with 4 ground electrodes, there will only be one spark and not four as thought by many.

Not just more difficult but it also has a slow flame front. That is why reducing the gap saves the coil as it will require lesser voltage to fire and somewhat advances the ignition to compensate for that slower flame front.

ok.. becos i had previous bad encounter using aftermarket coil and ignition and my engine blk actually starts to leak. had to change gasket.

----------------

also changing plugs is no issue.. just pay mech to do lor... unsure.gif

but hor... i look this way..

expensive "4" plugs say $180 + install. say save 10% fuel. lifespan = 30k km.

30k km... @ 11km/l = 2727L * 10% saving = 272L petrol @$2/L = $544..

chirp plugs say $45 + install, 10 k km. no saving, for 30k km = $135

saving = petrol saved - (difference betw expensive plug & chirp plugs)

= $544 ($180 - $135)

saving = $499...

if petrol goes up to $3/L, saving using same method to calculate = $771

change.. if save only 3% @ $2/L, saving is $118.62

so appear to have some saving leh...

btw.. u know why there is getting less and less 0W20 engine oil??? Fuch Titan stop bring in them. Mobil & SPC etc dun seems to carry, even redline also difficult to find, what happened? 0W20 myth busted?

Can still get 0W20 oils from Terrence.

Fusch Titan 0W20 cost S$30 per litre. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Redline has never had a 0Wxx range.

↡ Advertisement