Recirculation mode not working

Fcw75

Hypersonic

What could be the problem when the recirculation mode is not working? I set the recirculation mode to ON but I still can smell fumes from outside. Is something worn out inside? Anyone has this problem before?

As well, part of the dashboard doesn't have any light. Is it difficult to replace the bulb inside the dashboard? Have to dismantle the whole dashboard eh?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

unless you are well versed, i suppose the easiest way is to send your car to the service centre? If its still under warranty you'd not have to pay a cent i reckon.

Hypersonic

OK, haven't went down to the workshop yet. My car no warranty so have to check outside.

Hypersonic

OK, I went down to Markcool at woodlands and got the problem solved. [nod]

Basically, the flaps are not working (in my case, 1 is broken) so outside air can come in. What Ah Huat did was sealed up the opening and disconnect the wire so that recirculation mode is always ON. No more smell from outside. Total time taken - 15 mins, total cost - $15. Money well spent if you asked me. No need to feel like smelling poison gas when lorries are near you. [thumbsup]

Supersonic

Flap very commonly does not closed properly.

For those that use cable/wire to pull/push, it often come loose just a little.

A little is enough to let fumes enter the car.

For my car, there is a hole outside that I could just sealed up.

No one needs fresh (fumes) air in this city.

So it's best to seal it up.

Neutral Newbie

oic...do any bros here knows any air con servicing around the east...i am staying at tampines...thanks! hope to solve my condition as well... [:)]

someone ever posted this before.. leaving the vent open when parked under the sun can actually helps to cool down the car faster. And of course leaving it open while driving off helps the cooling off faster....

↡ Advertisement