SoundProofing Shops

Coolpica

Hi all,

Does anyone has workshops to recommend for soundproofing of cars in the East? I have searched through the threads and most of them are two to three years old. So I'm wondering if those shops mentioned are still around. I know there is a very famous shop, S*****, at Commonwealth. Has anyone has any comments on that shop? Thanks. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

if you plan to do it at S as mentioned in your posting, i strongly recommend that you are on-site to witness the whole process, even though it might take from half a day to a full day to be around. had a bad experience with S. during sales pitch for floor board sp, it mentioned that it will remove all seats & carpet to sound proof. i went for it, was told to collect car later in the evening on the same day. was a little suspicious because i agreed to do it in the afternoon after lunch. so fast? anyway, did a surprise visit later in the afternoon and found out that sp was done without removing seats & carpet. workers were sliding the material under the carpet & around the seats...!!! [jawdrop]

wanted to talk to the S salesperson who did my sale, but the salesperson was conveniently on urgent leave in the afternoon... [rifle]

anyway, i took it as a bad experience for a greenhorn & decided never to go back to this shop. i did the floor board, boot & wheel fenders... trust me, it's not worth it... still have noise intruding into the cabin. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

so, i decided to install ICE... no more road noise [drivingcar][laugh]

the above is just my personal experience...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

well, the shop where i installed ICE did advise against doing sp and recommended ICE instead. however my ICE installer have no comments if customers insisted on doing sp...

got a colleague who did sp (d*****t) from my ICE installer. installer has the same advise but my colleague decided to sp anyway... in the end, he also curse & swear... and he is driving a popular jap station wagon on 15s...

Edited by Zeee

Kaoz... That's kena of cheating. Don't think I'll go to that shop then, don't want to be a 'carrot head' to be chopped by them. [knife]

yeah , i jus did my flooring and 2 layers on doors....at foon

workmanship quite good and fast.

price is good too.

:)

-- go ...S_L_NT.... nah... hear a lot of bad things...

even tot i stay commonwealth, i rather go somewhere else

Edited by Circuit

Neutral Newbie

because he was advised not to waste $ on soundproofing but he did not heed the advise. in the end, after soundproofing, he still can hear road noise..., but i guess to each his own when it comes to road noise... different people have different tolerance levels to road noise... kind of subjective, i think.

↡ Advertisement