Scam in SMS and Phone Call

Ccssgm

On 4/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, Kb27 said:

Just received this call from +65 6353 0645

新加坡警察...

click.

Damn, now they found my mobile number.

Can't telco set up a telephone number for us to report. Once they received such a report, they verify and block the number from making any further calls. Of course it has to be a Singapore registered number first. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Can't telco set up a telephone number for us to report. Once they received such a report, they verify and block the number from making any further calls. Of course it has to be a Singapore registered number first. 

can.. but who is going to pay for the cost.

Remember, its not a crime until a financial lost is incurred. Any number claiming to be DHL is still a prank call till money is transacted.

There is no law for impersonating a DHL person BUT it is a crime to impersonate a Govt or doctor, lawyer or policeman.

Thats, why the advise, is for you to hang up because nothing further can be done and jurisdiction boundary aside, its way too resource-intensive.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 4

13 hours ago, Solar said:

DHL scam has started again. My wife and I have been receiving such calls multiple times in the past week.

you will notice it happens when you start entering lucky draw ..

Dont believe, enter lucky draw for hp number of your boss and see how lucky she can be.. heheheeh

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

can.. but who is going to pay for the cost.

Remember, its not a crime until a financial lost is incurred. Any number claiming to be DHL is still a prank call till money is transacted.

There is no law for impersonating a DHL person BUT it is a crime to impersonate a Govt or doctor, lawyer or policeman.

Thats, why the advise, is for you to hang up because nothing further can be done and jurisdiction boundary aside, its way too resource-intensive.

They already have.. the IO told me back then they are the ones receiving complains and reports from the public, then investigate, then submit the list to telcos...

I was thinking.. If these numbers are randomly generated by software to fake the caller id, it's lppl. It only works if all these numbers are genuine

7 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

you will notice it happens when you start entering lucky draw ..

Dont believe, enter lucky draw for hp number of your boss and see how lucky she can be.. heheheeh

Correct. It's been some time since I last participated.. hopefully it's not the banks that did it.

The last time I gave my number out was to apply a cc during a bank roadshow, about 2 months ago. Also supp one to my wife..

13 hours ago, Solar said:

I have done it. Have made multiple reports to the extent the IO called me and advised me to simply block the number. Don't need to waste time.

Ya. Don't waste time.

My friend too free, every time received also report. At least reported more than 100 times liao. But nothing happened. 

• Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Bloody hell,  just received this message. 

Screenshot_2020-01-17-09-42-56-91.png

IMG_20200117_094536.jpg

I wonder why there is no "talent" pool invested to weed out these problems. Perhaps a hackaton of sort by the SPF could help improve the outcome.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

I wonder why there is no "talent" pool invested to weed out these problems. Perhaps a hackaton of sort by the SPF could help improve the outcome.

they are all over the world, how to catch all of them as they can have 1001 pattern to scam you. The only way is to educate people not to fall for it.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

they are all over the world, how to catch all of them as they can have 1001 pattern to scam you. The only way is to educate people not to fall for it.

isnt that whats talent is all about ?

able to meet the demand where its not filled. And thats my definition of Talent.

Edited by Sdf4786k

4 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Bloody hell,  just received this message. 

Screenshot_2020-01-17-09-42-56-91.png

IMG_20200117_094536.jpg

I also got this and I also got another from "NTUC" saying I got 36,000+ points waiting to be redeemed, another from "Courts" who says I won a handphone etc[thumbsdown]

• Praise 6

I read about this:

if your phone CLI display +65... it is most likely from one of those numbers trying to scam you.

If a true local number calls you, it doesn't display +65.

I dunno if it's always true or not, but I've received one. I didn't answer. I call back and it was a busy tone. Sometimes, you'll get an auto reply:  "this number is not in use".

• Praise 2

On 2/18/2020 at 12:02 PM, Kb27 said:

I read about this:

if your phone CLI display +65... it is most likely from one of those numbers trying to scam you.

If a true local number calls you, it doesn't display +65.

I dunno if it's always true or not, but I've received one. I didn't answer. I call back and it was a busy tone. Sometimes, you'll get an auto reply:  "this number is not in use".

Just receive a DBS automated call with what seems like a compliance withdrawal.

When I answer, they claim I call them and ask what can they do for me ...

Seems like trying to confuse the recipient / receiver.

32 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Just receive a DBS automated call with what seems like a compliance withdrawal.

When I answer, they claim I call them and ask what can they do for me ...

Seems like trying to confuse the recipient / receiver.

Hi guys, pls be vigilant. DBS/POSB may call u and requesting for some actions from our part. DO NOT action. Just hang up. I have just received such calls, hanged up and checked with DBS/POSB abt this, they informed that it is a SCAM! So pls be careful on this.

Today's scam alert shared by a friend :

FYI guys and gals.... I received a call from “Singtel” this morning claiming that there were security issues with my internet access over the last few days and asked how many are accessing internet and whether I’ve given password to others. I asked her why Singtel calls me and not my own service provider. She said Singel was in charged of the security. Told the Indian accent lady that I’ll check with my own service provider before I continue the conversation with her. Starhub replies as follows: To put your mind at ease, we've checked our records and can confirm that there's no report at StarHub concerning security issues. We can guarantee that we will let our users know for any preventive measures if there's an issue with our system.

Scam caller's number but guess its useless cos randomly selected for illegal activity.IMG-20200227-WA0002.thumb.jpg.fd4ccc194a71e65a9844cd7f3a802806.jpg

Friend shared that someone locally lost $300k thru this scam so just be alert.

Especially the older folks at home may be tricked or confused into following instructions.

For awareness 

• Praise 1

looks like DBS scammers still quite persistent.. 

Still getting calls from them ...

looks like we are still quite helpless and unprotected to nail this down.

Edited by Sdf4786k

30 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

looks like DBS scammers still quite persistent.. 

Still getting calls from them ...

looks like we are still quite helpless and unprotected to nail this down.

Can.

Just hang up.

5 seconds to protect oneself and feel helpful in thwarting a criminal's day. Machiam slamming door in their face. That's a song feel in it but then maybe just me.

😅😂

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1