Scam in SMS and Phone Call

Ccssgm

24 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Can.

Just hang up.

5 seconds to protect oneself and feel helpful in thwarting a criminal's day. Machiam slamming door in their face. That's a song feel in it but then maybe just me.

😅😂

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

not when u have to excuse yourself to go to a private space to take calls only to realized its a scam 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic

I just received one call this afternoon. Starts off in english, then followed by mandarin, at which time, I'll disconnect the call.

Always the same pattern.

59 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I just received one call this afternoon. Starts off in english, then followed by mandarin, at which time, I'll disconnect the call.

Always the same pattern.

best part is the number is also a spoof number

Just gotton a scam call with +65 3159 4075 spoof number

But call back whatsapp is showing +91 95827 25077 for job oppertunities 

😣

Best way to tell is if its a singapore number with +65 most likely spoof. The voice sound syntersize.

And like a robot.

Edited by Sdf4786k

got a call from an indian guy claiming to be Gmail support claiming my email account got various suspicious logins some time back. F him upside down over the phone and asked him to email me black and white, never hear from him again 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

got a call from an indian guy claiming to be Gmail support claiming my email account got various suspicious logins some time back. F him upside down over the phone and asked him to email me black and white, never hear from him again 😁

I only take calls from dhl china scammer to improve my conversation mandarin as well as the lingo and the scam that evolved .

The reason why i not afraid is when they ask for my name, i say my name is @kobayashiGT

😛

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
31 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I only take calls from dhl china scammer to improve my conversation mandarin as well as the lingo and the scam that evolved .

The reason why i not afraid is when they ask for my name, i say my name is @kobayashiGT

😛

Aiyo, my name is a laughing joke only leh.

You should use RadX name.

Some say when they hear his name, they will run far far away. :grin:

• Haha! 3

If you guys have time you can go to this youtube channel. This ethical hacker by the nick of Jim Browning exposes the scam centers in India. He hack into their surveillance cams to see what goes on in the center. Some are quite funny. Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBNG0osIBAprVcZZ3ic84vw

He even tried exposing them to the authorities in India but they dont lift a finger to do a thing. Most likely they are bought off by the scammers.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Aiyo, my name is a laughing joke only leh.

You should use RadX name.

Some say when they hear his name, they will run far far away. :grin:

U never die b4 ? 

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

😛

the dhl scam i received mainly recorded, I'll just hang down, no time to waste. 

My wife just got  a Whatsapp message recently from a close friend informing her that she want her help in a qoo10 survey/contest of sort. Then she asked for her email address, then asked for date of birth. My wife got suspicious at the second request and asked if she is the Mary from this primary school parent volunteer group. When she replied yes, my wife quickly tried to call her friend on her handphone number knowing most likely it is a scam. Unfortunately she could not get to her somehow, not sure if it had been due to elaborate support from hackers, only till half a day later through her son's contact. She replied that she never contacted my wife regarding any qoo10 contest, and that she had made police report as my wife was not the first to get this scam call among her contacts.

So beware if you receive similar request. Do more due diligence to verify the identity first. This is definitely more sophisticated from the cheena-sounding robot calls that I have been receiving every few days claiming to be from many entities.

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

My wife just got  a Whatsapp message recently from a close friend informing her that she want her help in a qoo10 survey/contest of sort. Then she asked for her email address, then asked for date of birth. My wife got suspicious at the second request and asked if she is the Mary from this primary school parent volunteer group. When she replied yes, my wife quickly tried to call her friend on her handphone number knowing most likely it is a scam. Unfortunately she could not get to her somehow, not sure if it had been due to elaborate support from hackers, only till half a day later through her son's contact. She replied that she never contacted my wife regarding any qoo10 contest, and that she had made police report as my wife was not the first to get this scam call among her contacts.

So beware if you receive similar request. Do more due diligence to verify the identity first. This is definitely more sophisticated from the cheena-sounding robot calls that I have been receiving every few days claiming to be from many entities.

I can guess what happened.

The friend must have been stupid enough to give the WhatsApp OTP to the scammer so they managed to take over her whatsapp. 

Just got a spoof call from+81 866 58 5823 

Caller id shows japan.

But its an automated message from dbs scammers.

As usual, any number u click other than what is suggested will link you to a "dbs" person 😴

I received a call on my Singtel mobile from +65 8352 2805.

A heavy-accented Indian woman told me that my singtel internet network had been compromised.

Asking me how many lights did I see blinking on my router and how many devices were currently connected with it. 

And then how many people do I allow access to my WiFi -> I told her I let my whole village access  as I am the village head.

Anyway, I knew it was a scam because my mobile phone is on Singtel but my home internet network is on M1.

• Haha! 3

Very get irritated that I am getting more frequent scam calls from China and India in recent days.

Which is the department looking after this aspect in Singapore?  How come our technological capability is so cui that we can’t do any prevention?

We are supposed to be a Smart Nation.

Edited by Albeniz

The scam calls in Sgp are getting out of hand.

Recently, I have been getting more calls from overseas scammers than from my friends or relatives.  These numbers appear local in ID display.

They claim they are from singtel, dhl or MOH.

I thought ours is supposed to be smart nation? How come detection and filtering system is still so goondu after so many years?

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1