Scam in SMS and Phone Call

Ccssgm

2 men charged for alleged involvement in China officials impersonation scam

SINGAPORE - Two men have been charged for their alleged roles in an impersonation scam.

Ng Jee How, 46, and Chiw Meng Tong, 48, were each handed a charge for assisting another to retain benefits from criminal conduct on Friday (June 11).

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/2-men-charged-for-alleged-involvement-in-impersonation-scam

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Looks like Singaporeans leh

knn do China scam on own people 

pui!!!!! 😡 hope jail long long cane their backside deep deep!!! 🤬

有钱能使鬼推磨  = universal truth

• Praise 1

Huh?

Ng is alleged to have collected $230,000 and handed $209,000 of it to Chiw.

Chiw deposited $18,600 from that sum into unknown accounts and handed $186,000 to an unknown man.

:D

Why Ng so nice to Chiw and Chiw so nice to unknown man?

If I scam anybody I will spend all the money on myself, my wife, my kids and my MIL.

And scam people money still want to put in a bank?

That's so silly, hide it under a bed lah.

Leave no digital trail.

2 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Huh?

Chiw deposited $18,600 from that sum into unknown accounts and handed $186,000 to an unknown man.

If I scam anybody I will spend all the money on myself, my wife, my kids and my MIL.

Leave no digital trail.

Maybe anyhow piang one lah :XD:

• Haha! 2

(edited)

If I smart enough to scam $230,000 I also will say I passed $209,000 to my MIL

and that she is the master mind

and she made me do it.

I am just the small fry.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

52 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Huh?

Leave no digital trail.

u also forgot to mention you also are gud in digital penetration....... some say even under the bed too 🤣  

• Haha! 2

i used to entertain scam calls and then fxxk them gao gao....

lately i found that once they hear me say hello... they hang up.

i think now they listen and aim for someone that sounds old and vulnerable...

time to practise my old man voice... then once they take the bait... fxxk them gao gao again..

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

wah got singapura police call me using Whatsapp number apparently from USA. [laugh]

wascam.jpg

• Haha! 1

20 hours ago, Kb27 said:

ltasp.jpg

Can we ignore if truly there is a sms from LTA? We only recognize official letter in their official letter head? 

• Haha! 1

I still receive scam calls to my land line three days this week. First from the ICA. Second day from 中央医院 and third from DBS. All from recorded message.

I only hope I can speak to the real person so that I can f him jiah lat jiah lat.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

I still receive scam calls to my land line three days this week. First from the ICA. Second day from 中央医院 and third from DBS. All from recorded message.

I only hope I can speak to the real person so that I can f him jiah lat jiah lat.

if you follow the instruction to press 1 for english, 2 for chinese, etc, you will get to a human voice, then you can do all the fxxxing you want [laugh]

but then we have seen all the news about people got con to Cambodia to do all this scam job, they are the victims themselves and cannot get out of it.

we must sound more caring and loving when we talk to them, tell them we empathize what they have gone through and can report to police if they wish. If they are the real victims, they will be very touched, if not they will vomit blood [laugh]

• Haha! 4

Normally, we will receive the usual fake ICA, MOH, DHL, DBS scam calls.

Today I received a call from my landline.

It sounded like a female robotic voice recording saying, "Hi, how are u? Can you hear me? I cannot hear you. I will call back" and hung up.

Is this a new scam call?

• Haha! 1

23 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Whenever I got time, and I got these calls. I will entertain them by listening to them. Then ask them what I should do and also tell them in the end...."Let me verify with one of my relatives who maybe your top superior and may be able to help me get out of it easily" 

Straight away, those idiots will hang up and disappear. Haha🤣

• Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, Raychay said:

Normally, we will receive the usual fake ICA, MOH, DHL, DBS scam calls.

Today I received a call from my landline.

It sounded like a female robotic voice recording saying, "Hi, how are u? Can you hear me? I cannot hear you. I will call back" and hung up.

Is this a new scam call?

Normally, they hope you will call them back and hopefully even leave a name for them to reference. 

I got my ex-colleagues who calls me and ask, "How come the caller know how to identify my name?" . I told her, it is so easy, they can just call another person and ask for the sales in charge then call you and identify you by the name lor😆

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Wah say .. careerSG got lobang leh.. don’t say Big G never offer locals good paying job

MyCareersSG:You are selected as an online part-time job to easily work from home and earn 100-500SGD per day Click to consult WA:https://wa.me/+6581108127

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1