Do you find the road are less crowded now?

Zanter

Do you find the road are less crowded now?  

111 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I do find that even after the school hols are over the road traffic has improved a lot compared to say 1-2 months back. Moreover, I see so many car adverts in sgcarmart, many cars and sold very cheaply too compared to 1-2 months back.

Possible explainations are

1. Many people su ka soew in the stockmarket [sweatdrop]

2. Petrol price so high that people need to wake up at 2am to pump in JB [hur]

3. Many people had enough of ERP, pump prices that they are giving up their cars?

4. Many people losing jobs?

5. Seasonal?

Whats your take?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I don't find any difference, yet.

Can you please show us the links of cars being sold cheaply in Sgcarmart?

Neutral Newbie

I notice it too.

Was just mentioning to my wife few days back that the road from SLE Upper Thomnson exit to AMK this days seldom jam. [thumbsup]

Last time every other days quite jam packed there.

the roads i traveled everyday still got so many lorries, trucks, vans, concrete trucks, containers...blah blah blah...no decrease leh... [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

I would expect some people to give up driving (come September) when they could scrap their car for real cash.

Turbocharged

With petrol price rising higher each week, drivers might be cutting down on unnecessary trips like lunch-outs and joy-rides.

With increasing diesel price, we would probably see lesser taxis prowling aimlessly on the road. Many would prefer to hide somewhere to pick up calls instead.

No ley. When I go to work less traffic, no need to fight so much to go PIE. When come back, Bukit Timah is less jammed. To me its almost like school hols traffic. Well maybe its just my route?

I notice it too.

Was just mentioning to my wife few days back that the road from SLE Upper Thomnson exit to AMK this days seldom jam. [thumbsup]

Last time every other days quite jam packed there.

boh leh... i use SLE/CTE to go thru n back to yishun/bkt merah to work and back home... everyday jam like hell... where got diff? unless u r talking about off peak hours lah...

Neutral Newbie

Yup, I was just discussing this with my colleagues yesterday. There are definitely lesser cars on the road. However, I am having problems with parking at my MSCP. Normally, when I reached home early, I can choose my lot at the basement. Nowadays, people are parking at the carpark and not going out. Why I know? Cos the same vehicle is there when I go to work and when I come back. Looks like people are really switching to public...

Dave

Neutral Newbie
[nod] I agree...I think rising petrol prices is "killing" those who can barely afford cars, so maybe that'll lead to more space on the roads... [thumbsup]

Turbocharged
Nowadays, people are parking at the carpark and not going out. Why I know? Cos the same vehicle is there when I go to work and when I come back. Looks like people are really switching to public...

That car owner might be staying at home because he is out of job.

Neutral Newbie

I really hope not but it is happening anyway... in USA, starbucks are cutting and thousands are losing their jobs... for sg... i dare not think... anyway, most my neighbours here can afford two cars so i dun think they are so easily out of work lah...

Dave

Neutral Newbie

that is a scary thot... if it happens, ............. well, let's just hope it will not happen.... at least for another 10 years...

Dave

↡ Advertisement