Is FN2 is really a failure?

Axelpro

Reviving an old thread, and hope to gather current owners for sharing and comradeship.

How many FN2Rs are still running in SG? 

I bought one recently as a 2nd car but I am using it as a daily driver for now.

8 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Reviving an old thread, and hope to gather current owners for sharing and comradeship.

FN2 let alone FN2R's are very rare, not many left in Sg. Mostly you will find  COE FD2R's still running around and all the Fd civics dressed up like type Rs😆.

Ratio of FD2R to FN2R is like 20 to 1 im guessing.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

It was a bargain for a while trading at 7-8k depre back in 2018/9 and I looked at it for a bit, but could not get past its hollow tinny exhaust, undoubtedly caused by packaging constraints of the 3dr hatchback shape. I see an FN2R every now and then on the roads, but not as many as FD2R though I suspect some of them are converted from the cooking-model FDs. Currently 4 up for sale and 8 recently sold, so I reckon around 50 might be a reasonable number? 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The rear suspension is torsion beam.

Does it affect how it takes corner?

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The rear suspension is torsion beam.

Does it affect how it takes corner?

The cornering behaviour is quite neutral and grip level is high. The speed it can carry through corners is far higher than what is sane and safe on SG roads. So I don't think the non-IRS is too relevant to me. Unless I need to race at Sepang and need the rear axle to help turn the car, then perhaps then it will be a bother. 

Many successful hot hatches are on torsion beam and no one complained about them. The current Megane RS is an example. Only compared to EP3 does the FN2 seem like a step backwards. The subsequent FK2 also lives with a torsion beam and everyone thinks it great.

Maybe cannot believe Jeremy Clarkson too much. LOL

• Praise 1