Tradeoffs

Eliew

Hi,

If you realised where the policies are heading to..

The transport system allows a typical man to own a car.

The govt cannot stop the desire of a citizen to own a car.

Wat they do then is to make car ownership and usage difficult through inflated car prices and erp.

In a small lake there can only be so many fishes. Go figure [angel]

juz my 2 cents worth

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

ya of course. these are the same things they have been trying to drill /brainwash (?). if you read my original post, the gist is that the MIW should realise or made to realise that there's only so many people to smoke and for that long. Sooner or later, more people are going to wake up to the fact that these calls for productivity..secure future ... all crap. I think we are going to see something spectacular come 2011.

Neutral Newbie

That is the way of life in SG. I have hardy been to town ever since evening ERP start in Orchard. That is my way of voicing my displeasure. So the retails in the ERP areas will not get my $$$$. I will surely boycott Clarke Quay or Boat Quay area for a long long time. There are other eatery places wat, why need to go there?? If eveyone do the same, I'm sure the retailers will KPKB and move to other areas like Dempsey- free parking, no ERP.

Hmm [sly]

U been to the last photoshoot at Marina South??

U would have gotten the answer [laugh]

I use a walking stick lah.. handicap driver

Juz curious, any handicap drivers in MCF?

In my opinion,

the opposition is quite weak.. plus the elements are against them..

A closer fight maybe [gossip]

I dun subscribe entirely to their ideas on transportation but i think they have done a fair bit for a safe and secure homeland in relation to other nations.

I hope I can vote though. My constituency kena walk over for the last 2 GE [thumbsdown]

please dont make a crowded dempsey more crowded and attract an erection of ERP gantry..... go elsewhere.

i think sooner or later, all popular places will have ERP gantry in front of them... Marina area (Suntec, Marina Sq, Millenia) already a victim (on last weekend, look like a dead town) .... where will be next? To name a few popular places that deserves an erection on weekends ...

Vivo city

St James Power Station

Rochester Park/One North

Alexandra Road/Lee Kee Stretch on weekends ...

(edited)

I believe many who have voted for the opposition just want to have a voice in the parliament to make the P*P think twice and thrice before they embark on any policies that work against the interest of the nation - not to overthrow them. Our opposition currently do not have that caliber yet.

Edited by Rickster

Neutral Newbie

Honestly speaking..its not easy being a member of the opposition party....taking the wrong step and you kanna "landmine" - shredded into pieces. Also, if the opposition party is gaining footing in a particular area...come election, they will re-draw the battle lines to their advantage (again)....so how to have opposition in the parliament to be the voice.....have to wait long long.

To make it tougher,..Singaporean will always be Singaporean....complain and complain...come to election...personal interest exceeds all those anger and frustration....worried this worried that.....in the end still vote for the ruling party....just too bad

Anyway, for the most part of my life, I have not been to the polling station ....alway kanna walk-over no matter where I move to (East/West/North).

Neutral Newbie

feel that the new batch of ministers lack a pratical touch..what had been introduced so far are all extremely theory and works in an ideal world only.. [furious]

Neutral Newbie

their background tells you a fair bit about them...most are from corporate management role or ppl on the top....always look at the bottomline....of course lack the ppl touch....that aside....there are some who are good

↡ Advertisement