Coffee Shop talks on ERP gantry

Typhoon125

(edited)

Last few days, during breakfast, lunch....had overheard table besides me talk about ERP

gantry at least 4 times man....This is like SUPER HOT Topic now man!! It really got my

attention now......Been curious, I gather datas from what this people are talking about

It's not me whom say this, but this is what I heard from strangers....Is it true??

1. Every gantry is build with more the a million dollars inclusive of patent rights with tax-payer money....dont know accurate or not....that's why call coffee shop talk...

2. Another man upset that he paid tax to build gantry and then pay again [laugh]

3. Got one upset and said, then COE for what Fark? Funny too....

4. Then got people said that they made millions out of the gantry and under declare the amount inorder not to have a public outcry....also dont know accurate boh.....

This are the 4 main points people talk about....the rest are small complains like most Singaporeans....I feel that all this measures are needed to check on the car population as space is limited here.........hence....I just have to work harder to pay for more road usage.........Please note....I not a Government worker....just a daily road user.....

post-1-1215647664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Typhoon125
↡ Advertisement

i guess the only way to verify is to have someone working in the related depts to leak the facts and figures out, but then must be prepared to sit in jail for a very long time.

there's no way of knowing.

but LKY says last night that because he sues everyone who says that govt is corrupt, all singaporeans know that govt is not corrupt. [laugh]

if anyone can explain the logic please let me know.

(edited)

"yes, it was 1.5 mil per gantry.....they say in newspaper already"

Do we believe everything they publish in the media, especially the Singapore media? In fact, Singapore media is the one I'll least believe in (especially on news about Singapore).

There is no false reporting in Singapore (otherwise may be sued), only selective reporting.

Edited by Flying_genie

knn.....

COE is to control car population growth in SG.....

ERP is to control usage in SG.......

they want everyone to have a chance of owning a car but with so high import tax, road tax, fuel tax, insurance premium....... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

simple calculation, all $$$$$$ goes to the Gov.... [sly][sly][sly]

and got cheek to ask pleasant to play a part to donate to charity..... [furious][furious][furious]

Turbocharged
yes, it was 1.5 mil per gantry.....they say in newspaper already

1.5mil per gantry.. that's a huge amount, considering just a bunch of steel structure with a digital display board. crazy.gif

hmm.. wonder if the newspaper got tell who owns the patent, which company doing the project? any breakdown of the cost?

hope its not won/owned someone-someone-someone's distant relative sly.gif

The Singapore gahment is not corrupt. They are just inept, stupid and totally unaware of these wonderful qualities they have.

$1million for the gantry is way too ex.

Maybe gov also consider the two square footprint land for the gantry at market rate!

↡ Advertisement