Favourite Radio station/DJ-Morning

Driven

I like KISS FM. Electronic music is my guilty pleasure. I even started learning how to make my own music, found useful blog for music producers here https://bluebuzzmusic.com/ . Want to record my first track in the near future. Always wanted to become a DJ.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

972 玉建煌崇. 陳建彬 is the anchor.

958 morning has 陳英豪 as guest, this 豪哥 has substance. 11.50am has stocks and shares advice/interview.

88.9 BBC

FM 924 Andrew Lim in the morning.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I switch around the various stations in the morning, looking for popular songs. Morning shows all too much talk but that's what the dj are paid for. If they just sit there and play songs they'd also prefer it. But they must talk something ... though in SG the conversation topic is limited to "safe" mindless discussion

Kiss is my preferred one. Maddy and Jason are the main stars. When maddy was on a sabbatical for about 3-4 months last year, it was horrid with celeste stepping in. The show had no direction and the topic of the day was silly usually.

Arnold is not a natural host but more of a news guy.

I'm ok with Muttons. Doesn't make me laugh but doesn't annoy me as well.

Vernetta and Mike is don't bother...

Class 95 morning show DJs the Muttons should either change their style to fit a more mature audience or go back to a station with a younger audience. Their style is still the same old, jokes that only appeal to the young crowd. 

Current Gold partnership of Vernetta and Mike is awful too. Really not engaging or funny. 

Best right now is probably 913, and that's because they have the other two guys who add a lot more to the show. 

Kiss92 is pretty good too, very natural chemistry the three hosts have. Though I think Arnold is really boring and only pulled along because of his other two partners. 

Out of topic but I really dislike Willam X and Simon Lim on night shows. William's show is so banal, always rehashing and reporting old news, and worse adding nothing insightful or funny. He seems stuck in his previous gig reporting news on another station. Really don't know what is his business hosting a show all alone. Such a shame as he has a good voice that is suitable for night time radio. But his style and his lack of repertoire lets him down big time. 

Simon Lim is so cheesy it makes me cringe. His voice, the way he talks, and the lovey dovey stuff... is so yesteryear. The way he talks to his listeners too... very contrived. 

Our radio really needs new blood. Always the same old faces and I think a lot of complacency has set in. 

Turbocharged

ufm1003, very entertaining for TCSS [thumbsup]

玫瑰學堂

I switch around the various stations in the morning, looking for popular songs. Morning shows all too much talk but that's what the dj are paid for. If they just sit there and play songs they'd also prefer it. But they must talk something ... though in SG the conversation topic is limited to "safe" mindless discussion

Ang moh or Chinese stations?

Turbocharged

ç«ç°å­¸å 

Ang moh or Chinese stations?

Ang moh. For Chinese stations if I can understand fully what they are talking about, then it's trivial topics [laugh]

Kiss is my preferred one. Maddy and Jason are the main stars. When maddy was on a sabbatical for about 3-4 months last year, it was horrid with celeste stepping in. The show had no direction and the topic of the day was silly usually.

Arnold is not a natural host but more of a news guy.

Yeah I agree that Maddy and Jason are the main stars. Very natural chemistry they have. Their banter can go and on. Jason is perhaps the wittiest (in terms of jokes) among the current DJs now across all the stations. Arnold's style actually reminds me of William X, both like newscasters more than DJs, and I don't mean it in a nice way lol. But at least Arnold has two strong co-hosts to help him. William X just drones on about old news, health news... (but not adding anything much). I have heard him on many occasions talking about old news that his colleagues have already spoken about earlier in the day or even a couple of days ago. Come on man, this is the digital edge. Ain't nobody is interested in old news. Even when he talks about current news, he never adds anything witty or gives his personal take to it. To me, it seems like he has either run out of ideas or he is just taking a safe and lazy way out. 

The other day I heard Simone Heng talking a little about her personal life, her experience with dating and abit about her mum. Which I thought was nice, adding a personal touch and creating a bond with listeners. Proves you don't necessarily need to be funny. Even Jean Danker does so too, simple yet engaging. 

I contrast Jason with Mike Kasem, whom I expected more (from someone who grew up in a more liberal society). I was shaking my head at the painful "bro science" gig he and Vernetta did for a few months, in which he tried to figure out the meaning of the different local slang. And when he always gives wrong answers, Vernetta breaks out in exaggerated mock laughter. 

Come on, he has been working and living in Singapore for much of his working life and he does not even understand the simplest of local slang? It come across as contrived and disingenuous. I also don't think it speaks well of him if he really do not understand the local language despite being here for so long. Gold90 should change their morning show lineup. Really poor. They seem to be trying so hard to be funny, and failing at it. I give them points for effort, nothing more. 

In general, Mediacorp radio is really lacking behind SPH radio. Even 933FM is so bad these days. 

Yeah I agree that Maddy and Jason are the main stars. Very natural chemistry they have. Their banter can go and on. Jason is perhaps the wittiest (in terms of jokes) among the current DJs now across all the stations. Arnold's style actually reminds me of William X, both like newscasters more than DJs, and I don't mean it in a nice way lol. But at least Arnold has two strong co-hosts to help him. William X just drones on about old news, health news... (but not adding anything much). I have heard him on many occasions talking about old news that his colleagues have already spoken about earlier in the day or even a couple of days ago. Come on man, this is the digital edge. Ain't nobody is interested in old news. Even when he talks about current news, he never adds anything witty or gives his personal take to it. To me, it seems like he has either run out of ideas or he is just taking a safe and lazy way out.

The other day I heard Simone Heng talking a little about her personal life, her experience with dating and abit about her mum. Which I thought was nice, adding a personal touch and creating a bond with listeners. Proves you don't necessarily need to be funny. Even Jean Danker does so too, simple yet engaging.

I contrast Jason with Mike Kasem, whom I expected more (from someone who grew up in a more liberal society). I was shaking my head at the painful "bro science" gig he and Vernetta did for a few months, in which he tried to figure out the meaning of the different local slang. And when he always gives wrong answers, Vernetta breaks out in exaggerated mock laughter.

Come on, he has been working and living in Singapore for much of his working life and he does not even understand the simplest of local slang? It come across as contrived and disingenuous. I also don't think it speaks well of him if he really do not understand the local language despite being here for so long. Gold90 should change their morning show lineup. Really poor. They seem to be trying so hard to be funny, and failing at it. I give them points for effort, nothing more.

In general, Mediacorp radio is really lacking behind SPH radio. Even 933FM is so bad these days.

Arnold is leaving to go back to news. This is his last week.

Haha I can't stand simone heng's accent.

Denise. Oy vey Denise. Although she does go to her ancient favourite songs every so often. Groundhog day does quite often happen with 90.5

Cunning Linguistics. Dialect news tradition.

Got qiqi the battalion dreampot girlfriend from back in the day.

Edited by Datsun366

@marvelicious

Agreed regarding William X. Same with Jon Klass. They both have good voices. But i usually change the channel when they are on.

Turbocharged

Hear hear (pun intended). Actually when I previously said that Class 95 morning show has gone to the dogs, I meant to talk about the Gold 905 morning show. 

It.Is.Not.Funny. 

I enjoyed the Mike and Joe combination, but it just went South after Vern came on.

Hear hear (pun intended). Actually when I previously said that Class 95 morning show has gone to the dogs, I meant to talk about the Gold 905 morning show. 

It.Is.Not.Funny. 

Actually mike was ok when he was paired with Joe augustin.

So i think the weakest link is vernetta.

I enjoyed the Mike and Joe combination, but it just went South after Vern came on.

yup.

Turbocharged

Haha I can't stand simone heng's accent.

Talking about accent, I enjoy listening to the content of Money FM but for some reason I just cannot take Bernard Lim's accent. It just gets on my nerves for some reason. I know he went through a health scare before and this is not meant to be personal, I am just saying that accent somehow does not sit well with me. Same with Ryan Huang, but to a lesser degree. Probably helps that I do not gravitate to that station in the morning. 

• Praise 1

Talking about accent, I enjoy listening to the content of Money FM but for some reason I just cannot take Bernard Lim's accent. It just gets on my nerves for some reason. I know he went through a health scare before and this is not meant to be personal, I am just saying that accent somehow does not sit well with me. Same with Ryan Huang, but to a lesser degree. Probably helps that I do not gravitate to that station in the morning. 

Bernard lim?

In the early 90s he was at 98.7. 

Then later he became the class 95 director of radio programming (at least he was until few years ago).

He used to stand in rarely for unexpected absences. 

I'm quite ok with his voice if i recall... but haven't heard him for a long while.

Bernard lim?

In the early 90s he was at 98.7. 

Then later he became the class 95 director of radio programming (at least he was until few years ago).

He used to stand in rarely for unexpected absences. 

I'm quite ok with his voice if i recall... but haven't heard him for a long while.

↡ Advertisement