Touran Sport 1.4 TSI

Leech

Neutral Newbie

Hi, Can any Touran Owner verify that if there is spare tyre in 2009 model?

Why the right wing mirror cannot fold back totally when compare to the left side?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

this car is OK if u dont need the 3rd row seated all the time or seated there for long drive to Msia

and if u change car within 3-5 yrs.. this car also OK.. as after that no warranty u might be in trouble if anything breaks down... VW parts and availability is limited and more expensive..

for me, i went ahead with a Jap MPV due to the above 2 reasons...

Current price tag is approx $140K for Non Sport version and $160K for Sport version. Must take in-house insurance and finance of > $100K.

Drive is great but not sure about long term maintenance of gear box.

Got Touran taxis on the roads hor [:p]

Buyer beware! [laugh]

My Touran is silver but I have yet to be flagged down as a taxi. But if it happens, I might be able to make a few extra bucks on the way to work !! [laugh]

This car is perfect for my family. Enough seating when there is a need to take more people for a trip. But at the same time, its compact size makes it manageable in tight car parks.

Many other cars are often take by surprise the Touran's speed, especially when they join the traffic from a side road thinking you are far away but before they can get up to speed, they see you right behind them in their rear view mirror. This has happened to me many times so I have learnt to ease off the gas pedal.

My family gone up to Malacca and Pulai Springs in this car. Quick and stable ride all the way without a hitch. Can overtake most vehicles without effort.

[:)]

VW only worries are the 7 speeds DSG gearbox...

True.. lots of complaints on the VAGSG forum and it seems some 7DSG car owners have not got their problems solved despite multiple visits to the service centre. [furious]

True.. lots of complaints on the VAGSG forum and it seems some 7DSG car owners have not got their problems solved despite multiple visits to the service centre. [furious]

Could be this reason why Renault when recently introduced its own DSG (EDC - Efficient Dual Clutch) stick to 6 speeder instead.

bottom line...

anything that is wet, is good.

dry, not so smooth [sly]

Wet is less efficient = more jiak yew than dry.

Wet clutch like those mostly used in motorcycles hardly needs replacement even more than 10 years old, but not the case for dry clutch (as like those in manual cars) needs replacement every 60-100K.

I think for robotized manual tranny, the actuators will be working overtime and also burning the dry clutch in our kind of stop/start traffic conditions. So, not a surprise with the bad publicity of 7DSG.

Wet is less efficient = more jiak yew than dry.

Wet clutch like those mostly used in motorcycles hardly needs replacement even more than 10 years old, but not the case for dry clutch (as like those in manual cars) needs replacement every 60-100K.

I think for robotized manual tranny, the actuators will be working overtime and also burning the dry clutch in our kind of stop/start traffic conditions. So, not a surprise with the bad publicity of 7DSG.

less efficient is better than zero efficiency when broke down :D

like torque converter, they are also not so efficient but at least more trustsworthy [:)]

↡ Advertisement