ERP Next Phase: New In-vehicle Units (IUs)

Any pics of the new IU? Has the antenna unit and the card reader being seperated, to prevent thief?

Inside today's Straits Times. The new IU looks quite similar to our current IU but smaller. Card slot is near the bottom of the IU to make cashcards less visible from the top.

↡ Advertisement

Personally I still prefer the IU to be visible from outside. Best is to remove our cashcard when we leave our cars. At least we can let the criminal see there is no cashcard inserted. Lessen the chance of a broken windscreen.

Bro, relax leh. If you are so anti-government, can consider joining the opposition and debate it out during elections and if you do get elected, slog it out in the parliament. I think the opposition need people like you to be their mouth and come out with solutions to your perceived problems in our country. [thumbsup][:p]

the cheng hu foresee that more n more ERP gantry to be setup. the curren unit no so friendly, so come out with such improved 1 to ensure that we all pay fast fast...

Ya lor I agree..... then one day they may announce ERP gantry system has upgraded and old IUs are no longer compatible with new gantries then send us LTA letter to change to new IU at our own cost. [idea]

Don't know why is it so difficult to design something that only has the antenna/sensor sticking on the windscreen but the actual IU unit hidden somewhere out of sight from outside. Surely the existing IU has a sensor to interact with the ERP gantry. Just add a longer cable to the sensor and the IU could be placed in a less visible location while the sensor is still on the windscreen.

agree. know how to copy NDP mtv from japan, but don't know how to copy IU design from there.

They have been using this ETC system for ages. Antenna is on windscreen, card reader is stored hidden away. see link:

http://www4.famille.ne.jp/~meipal/car/etc.html

Turbocharged

Hi Folks, 

My old IU was faulty and I have just changed to a new one at VICOM this afternoon.

Do I need to inform HDB about this change as I have a season parking with them.

Many thanks.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi Folks, 

My old IU was faulty and I have just changed to a new one at VICOM this afternoon.

Many thanks.

If your carpark is using EPS, you need to inform them.

• Praise 1

Hi Folks,

Many thanks.

I think you can login to HDB website using you Singpass and update you new ERP s/no.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi Folks, 

Many thanks.

Just login HDB page and change. 

post-7510-0-85495300-1498128068_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Sorry. I'm bit out of touch with this.

can all IUs accept flashpay cashcards?

My elantra's one is flashpay. All along I've been using the traditional old cashcards.

How do i check my 2015 car IU can accept? Do the petrol kiosks or what sell the flashpay versions? Cos now then i know the flashpay version has no expiry

My elantra's one is flashpay. All along I've been using the traditional old cashcards.

How do i check my 2015 car IU can accept? Do the petrol kiosks or what sell the flashpay versions? Cos now then i know the flashpay version has no expiry

All the "new" slimmer IU accepts flashpay card. But some older carpark gantry dont accept such flashpay card.

I am still sticking to my cashcard.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

All the "new" slimmer IU accepts flashpay card. But some older carpark gantry dont accept such flashpay card.

I have 2 traditional CC in my honda right now. But the problem is that currently the CC being sold outside are all Jan 2018 expiry.

Few months back, i encountered whereby both my CC expired on the same time. So even though i had 2 in my car, i couldn't use both of them cos the IU didn't accept ...

So if that's the case, i'll get a flashpay card + a back up traditional for both vehicles.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/managing-traffic-and-congestion/in-vehicle-unit-iu.html

rnm_IU4.jpg

rnm_IU2.jpg

Thought you are driving Accord? 

Turbocharged

Half hearted upgrade..

Use the new CEPAS foreplay card but some carpark gantry don't accept.

End up holding the traffic behind and lppl use back the good old cash card.

Supercharged

I have 2 traditional CC in my honda right now. But the problem is that currently the CC being sold outside are all Jan 2018 expiry.

Few months back, i encountered whereby both my CC expired on the same time. So even though i had 2 in my car, i couldn't use both of them cos the IU didn't accept ...

So if that's the case, i'll get a flashpay card + a back up traditional for both vehicles.

Jan 2018 expiry?

How can that be?

Hypersonic

Jan 2018 expiry?

How can that be?

sorry i meant jan 2018 issue. So they will expire the same time in 5 year times which is what happened to me earlier this year.

Bought a school run elantra for my wife.

Thought you are driving Accord? 

↡ Advertisement