ERP Next Phase: New In-vehicle Units (IUs)

Half hearted upgrade..

Use the new CEPAS foreplay card but some carpark gantry don't accept.

End up holding the traffic behind and lppl use back the good old cash card.

Actually, the issue is with the private carpark operators . They are trying to defer the investments in upgrading the gantry readers. Costs. Notice the HDB/URA carparks can use both types of cards.

Turbocharged

Actually, the issue is with the private carpark operators . They are trying to defer the investments in upgrading the gantry readers. Costs. Notice the HDB/URA carparks can use both types of cards.

Hence no point switching away from traditional cashcard yet.

Yes, we must maintain the 2 types of cash cards (cc) for use when driving. There are still quite a number of private car parks that only cater to the use of the old cc. Some, you will still need to insert the cc into the barrier machine [thumbsdown]

Yes, we must maintain the 2 types of cash cards (cc) for use when driving. There are still quite a number of private car parks that only cater to the use of the old cc. Some, you will still need to insert the cc into the barrier machine [thumbsdown]

Just keep the traditional 1 will be enough.

On the other hand, sign up for vcashcard.  No cashcard in IU also no problem.

(edited)

I'm using FRANK credit card which functions as Flashpay Cashcard as well. Will auto top up. Using it for ERP and carparks which accept it.

Also have a spare traditional cashcard which i will top up when drop below $10. Can last me 2-3 months. Using it for carparks which don't accept my above option.

Edited by 159er

6th Gear

Quick question. For those who sign up for auto deduction (ie no need to install cashcard in IU), how do you all deal with complimentary parking tickets?

Currently auto deduction is only for  road ERP.

Carpark Gantry still must use cash card.

So just drive up to the gantry as per normal (without the cashcard inserted) and put in the complimentary ticket if required.

Quick question. For those who sign up for auto deduction (ie no need to install cashcard in IU), how do you all deal with complimentary parking tickets?

• Praise 2

6th Gear

Currently auto deduction is only for road ERP.

Carpark Gantry still must use cash card.

So just drive up to the gantry as per normal (without the cashcard inserted) and put in the complimentary ticket if required.

Oh I see I see.

Thanks. Thought it will work for any charges through the IU.

Just keep the traditional 1 will be enough.

On the other hand, sign up for vcashcard.  No cashcard in IU also no problem.

ahhh..I see.. sounds good. It's just that sometimes I use public transport so I have a few EZLink cards to use so conveniently also use them for my IU.

Thanks for advice.

Neutral Newbie

Went to VICOM to check my IU unit and the guy use some device to check and told me it is working fine but some carpark gantries seem to have problem detecting the unit. Says no IU detected. Is this normal?

Went to VICOM to check my IU unit and the guy use some device to check and told me it is working fine but some carpark gantries seem to have problem detecting the unit. Says no IU detected. Is this normal?

It's normal, 99% of the time just reverse abit and move forward, the carpark gantries then able to detect the IU. I kanna many times lao.

• Praise 1

Not IU fault,it is the Car Park's IU Detector Fault,complained to the Carpark Operator,& have  it adjusted.

• Praise 1

Very normal and happened in many HDB ERP carpark gantries. I will just reverse a little bit and then drive forward. 

• Praise 1

ish normal...