Good service received

KapitanE

(edited)

With all this complaints about bad service, I had the most wonderful service extended to me by a motor service company.

Got into an accident yesterday evening while driving home on the PIE. Could not brake in time, and I banged into a Madza 3 in front of me. My car suffered minimum visible damages, front bumper intact, grills slightly bent, some scratch marks. However, the Mazda 3 back bumper almost dislodged, heavily pushed on and probably cracked. The bumper is an after market replacement, probably some bodykit bought in malaysia and looks like made of fibre glass.

Well, reported to my insurance company, since I know I will be blamed for the accident and have to bear cost for repairs. Let it be, let the other car claim against me, no big deal. I was told I need to go to the insurance company approved quality owrkshop, which they have a list, I chose one nearest to my office.

This workshop which I chose is situated in Portsdown Road and the name of it is what you see shining brightly every night in the sky, not the moon, but those others that look like diamond, our national flag have 5 of them too.

At the car park, I was greeted by the attendant who saw that I had trouble finding a vacant lot, asked me where I was going. Told him that I need to report an accident, and he opened the barrier to let me go to a reserved car park and said if I cannot find space in there, he will open up a lot for me. Good job.

Then went into the office and spoke with the receptionist manning the reporting desk, she went all the way and explained to me what I need to write in the report form and assisted me by reading out policy numbers etc. On completion, she apologised to me and said that due to regulations, I would need to have my car photographed and survey by their extimator, I would need to wait a couple of minutes. She told to help myself with coffee which is available and to relax in the waiting area. Okay, thanks I said.

Went to fixed my coffee and sat down at a comfortable sofa and waited, and she again walked to me and told me that my papers have been submitted to the other desk and she apologised again and said I would have to wait a couple of minutes.

This I say is damned good service, personnal service from a counter girl, which she need not have to do at all. Many places that I have been will make me wait and have my named shouted across the room to get my attention etc. This girl is a real service oriented person and I salute her.

Well, I reciprocated her by thank yous and please and of course with my smiles.

For those curious, I will make a claim for own damages also, as I have a full waiver of excess and also have NCD protection. No harm.........

Edited by KapitanE
↡ Advertisement

this workshop did a good job but they take long long time to do and not cheap too, many years ago i also involve in an accident and my car was sent thereunsure.gif

You haven't factor in the claim against you from the other driver suffering from ...whiplash, emotional distress, loss of vehicular use......or whatever from your action in hitting the butt! [sly]

Your worries are not over mate! [laugh][laugh]

I know I will be blamed for the accident

That's a gentleman but you can be fine S$150 and slapped with 6 dermit points for careless driving by admiting libility for the accident and the other party sabo you by reporting to TP! sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

U covered by Anti-Lucy?

But this workshop's svc and PR is good. They used to have a branch in Bedok (closer to your home) and becoming their member brings a lot of perks. Last time, with $50/yr, u'll get Wheels Asia, free towing in Sgp, 1st free towing from any point in West Msia back to Sgp and 50% for subsequest ones, yadaa yadaa...

Services are thumbsup.gif but they come with premium chargers. I was their one satisfied returning customer until they ceased biz in Bedok.

Neutral Newbie

How not to miss your signature mafia black bB at XXXXX condo? Saw ur car gg in/coming out few times. My bro staying the one further in

Waved at ur car couple of times when u make u-turn Tampines Av 2 aft PIE exit, but I think u dizzy.gif liao

oh btw, we met at the recent photoshoot wave.gif

OIC OIC, there were so many people at the photoshoot, who is who also i cannot recall....

You waved at me??? I probably was concentrating on making a successful U-turn then looking around to see people waving...... my car has a big turning circle....

[:)][:)][:)]

this workshop did a good job but they take long long time to do and not cheap too, many years ago i also involve in an accident and my car was sent thereunsure.gif

maybe they see your face not happy then make u wait long long.. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Maybe u could write in a commendation letter or 10q card about her service and addressed to the company?

Neutral Newbie

Wow, you are so gentlemen that you have admitted that's your fault.. unless last time case when that man claimed it was my sis's fault (JB car)..

The lady whom served you certainly had brighten up your day... Can say as a very good service... hope to see this kind of service in here... [nod][thumbsup]

I did not admit liability, I know I am at fault, but I will never admit liability in front of the opponent. Let him go and settle with the insurance company and let them decide the quantum of blame.