Octane Booster

Turbobrick

Tried Octane Boosters? Review them here!

I've tried 104+ (black bottle one) and took my brick to the track with it. Power gains cannot feel but no detonations/pinging and engine runs smoothly and strongly. Problem was my tranny was overheating first, bummer [:/]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

here's some i've tried that do work.

Redex - the price of this REALLY varies , cheapest from some shop in serangoon area.

STP - octane booster about 5 dollars per bottle.

f2-21 - i get it free. the importer is my neighbour. it works. but expensive lah 15 per bottle. however not bad results and no need to add so much.

magdaco mag kreen - works too.

Notra Bene : for me works means fuel consumption improves with all things being equal. i.e. same driving pattern.

seems to me that snake oils mostly don't work. octane boosters, fuel additives usually do the trick + they are about 1/10 the price, on avg of the snake oils. hehe.

anyway for u guys out there that try and try stuff, results sometimes are psychological, some do improve, some become worse etc. so really if u wanna try snake oils the bottom line is : ITS UP TO U :)

Neutral Newbie

Anyone here tried using toulene or methylbenzene, both organic frm oil derivatives?

Read in other groups tat it blends well with our gas (same hydrocarbon family)

has octane of 114 by itself & by adding 7-8% (2-3 ltrs) into the gas before using RON98 can boost octance of up to 100. Costs only S$2/ltr so not too expensive.

Subaru Australia also replied to the Liberty B4 group that they recognise that but not for other octane boosters to avoid warranty on the RSKs.

Also note most of the octance boosters thingy are actually contains mainly petroluem

distillates (smells like kerosene?).

CK, still persuing the Toulene possibility? U tried it on your B4 yet?

$2/- a litre still more ex than petrol itself.......will adding something like Mexon F2-21 at $3 per tankful be more cost efficient then? Mexon claims to increase octane as well. [;)]

Too bad we don't have RON100 like Japan at petrol stations.

Tried redex and STP b4. The effect seem to be marginal only. Cannot really feel the oomph . but one product (octane booster) I tried, can't remember the name, effect is noticeable.

Neutral Newbie

Not yet tried but my fren gas tried on VTi & Golf.

Trying to do this as project but fren in the chemical line

still have not got the toulene for me.

Works well but the problem is storage as this liquid very volatile.

Tried STp & showed better throttle & smoothness but not for power.

Is Mexon good as I am also trying other means to meet the car specs for 100RON.

In Japan got 114RON...waaahh! [:p]

Still onto the broquet thingy but cannot bear to x'periment with $420 for testing leh..how lah! [blush]

Not sure whether Mexon can raise octane by 2 points and difficult to measure octane in the car. Does improve throttle response but increases fuel consumption for the first few applications (they claim due to "cleaning" of engine). I tried a bottle and stopped as it's too troublesome and quite costly. Normal RON98 petrol good enough for my brick. [;)]

B4, the Broquet thing very expensive and hard to justify cost lah. Last time installed on my Bimmer, no difference leh.

From our beer talk last time, I remembered your toulene formula. Just worried about melting spark plugs or injectors... Have you tried on your Black Beast yet?

Rgds

Neutral Newbie

Errrrh.....which beer talk was tat or r we mumbling by intoxicating effect, kekekeke [crazy]

The feedback I got was it gets a bit more difficult esp for cold starts but after tat no problem leh. With 7-8% shud be no problem, unless you wanna to add 50% into yr tank then kena melt down everything! [:p]

See my posting at SSC on some tech write-up by others, see below for those int. :-

Now to answer your questions regarding the use of octane boosting additives: -

Advice from the manufacturer of Subaru Vehicles concerning octane boosting additives is as follows: -

Neutral Newbie

I noe just kidding lah.

Too bad not much happening there so we just tok rots, hehehe.

Next time we pick another location, OK with 850R too?