Any furniture shop selling teak wood furniture to recommend?

Rayleigh

(edited)

Hi MCF bros, anyone knows of any furniture shop selling teak wood furniture to recommend? I'm thinking of buying a TV console, dining table and cabinets. I only know of 2 shops - located at Thomson plaza and railway mall.

Edited by Rayleigh
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

wihardja is cheap but open only during sales period.But one thing I dun like hor is must self collect or they charge delivery as per % of overall bill.... quality is slightly below avg...

but like their nice balinese style teak furnitures..I bought one from their Ubi branch..collected at Senoko warehouse.

P&R reasonably priced..bought bedroom set & sofa set from them..good cust svc @ mandai..

Edited by Spikedoll

Hi MCF bros, anyone knows of any furniture shop selling teak wood furniture to recommend? I'm thinking of buying a TV console, dining table and cabinets. I only know of 2 shops - located at Thomson plaza and railway mall.

====================

Have u tried ScanTeak?

Note some r selling teak ply only & not solid teak. B careful. Most teak u get now is Dutch teak from Indo. Very hard to find Burmese teak which is a better quality.

I went to Xtra in JB & there is a shop at the end of the building which sells teak at much lower prices than what u pay in SG & they wil deliver to SG for a small fee.

Teak is very solid & heavy & prob last longer than you even. [nod]

I went to Barang Barand and Picket & Rail too. BTW, where is the Xtra you mention? I may probably visit them this week. My budget is around 1K per piece.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

www.thehelpinghand.org.sg/

Try Helping Hands along Serangoon Road. Recently bought a teak 2 seater, 2 armchairs and a coffee table for less than 1K.

Edited by Accentrix

Very good idea but only make sure u buy from a very reliable dealer & use a very reliable freight forwarder.

Otherwise when it reaches SG & u open up the boxes, u find some very expensive firewood. [shocked]

(edited)

Forgot to add, Leyon does custom furniture as well, you can specify size and carving pattern, quality is [thumbsup][thumbsup] though waiting time is a few months.

Love the smell of teak and its grain.

Some of the pieces I got from them are more than 10 yrs old, they are freaking heavy and have survived multiple relocations.

Edited by Garlic

try dempsey hill.

Went to Dempsey hill over the weekend. Wow it has been decades since i last went there. Marvel at the transformation.

Was attracted to one of the shop selling tradition teak furniture. Wood used is solid and the workmanship is superb and fine. And the price is almost double. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry] Will try to bargain when I am affirmative in my purchase.

Thanks for the recommendation.

go indonesia and have it sent back

really super cheap

I got my whole flat furniture for less than $4000

Hi, I'm toying with the ideal of going to Java to source for furniture. Am wondering if you care to share the contact with me? If it is not convenient, it is fine.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, how is the quality like?

if we can get good quality yet affordable.. i think worth buying in bulk from java..

bro,

u can try Colonial Antique at Lorong Ampas (Balestier), furniture are well priced.

They use Indonesia teak, not Burmese ones. I got a few pcs of furniture from there.

Do a google search on the name, shd be able to get some info.

↡ Advertisement