Renault Clio Sport BEATS Mini CooperS JCW

Astrid

The Clio Sport beats MCS JCW on track. See how the Mini oversteers onto the grass verge!

And as for nifty maneuverbility, the Clio outsmarts the Mini too!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I must say the french really knows how to make good handling FWD cars. Their old pugs like the 205 and 306 are known for their exceptional handling.

i think they spent too much time, making them look good and handle well and forgot to improve their build quality and auto gearboxes [laugh]

Citroen and pugs have been using the same ol' 4AT gearbox for god knows how many years [sweatdrop]

Edited by Relagsingh

(edited)

It was originally posted in minisg forum, without any comments (negative, or otherwise) ... just a URL link to the YouTube site comparing the Clio Sport to the MCS JCW.

But it was almost immediately removed by the mini forum administrators. Too sensitive for mini owners, I guess. Can't accept the truth?

I think it may be what Jeremy Clarkson had said toward the end of the 'Part 2 of 2' clip that could have portrayed the MCS JCW in a lesser light and that the Clio Cup being deemed as the best hot hatch around.

So now its here, in a general car forum site, with a more wider readership (hits) in SG.

All comments are most welcomed. No sleep lost bro. [wave]

Edited by Astrid

maybe his point is that Mini JCW is overpriced?

but dun forget Mini is an icon. no doubt abt it. pay for the image.

Maybe one would feel that a mini is overpriced but if you put cost aside, it is a very well packaged car. That's my opinion only la.

The Clio Sport beats MCS JCW on track. See how the Mini oversteers onto the grass verge!

And as for nifty maneuverbility, the Clio outsmarts the Mini too!

for a start, mini is not just about oversteering or nifty maneuverability.. it's about culture and iconic status.. or whatever it is.

If someone is looking for a better handling car between mini and clio, then go for clio, but the person is just looking for a "character" car, then maybe it's a mini.

Either way, it's a personnal perference. Not that I'm saying Clio got no character..

I don't think Jeremy Clarkson was comparing 'culture', 'iconic status', or whatever you call it.

He was just comparing pure handling competency and maneuverability between the 2 cars.

(edited)

How to dream about it when i don't even know how it looks? Sorry, i'm very ignorant.

Edited by Shemmy

It was originally posted in minisg forum, without any comments (negative, or otherwise) ... just a URL link to the YouTube site comparing the Clio Sport to the MCS JCW.

But it was almost immediately removed by the mini forum administrators. Too sensitive for mini owners, I guess. Can't accept the truth?

I think it may be what Jeremy Clarkson had said toward the end of the 'Part 2 of 2' clip that could have portrayed the MCS JCW in a lesser light and that the Clio Cup being deemed as the best hot hatch around.

So now its here, in a general car forum site, with a more wider readership (hits) in SG.

All comments are most welcomed. No sleep lost bro. [wave]

Oi since when was Clarkson working Fifth Gear?? the two reviewers in the clips are Tiff Needel and Jason Plato lah!! [sly]

Whatever helps you sleep at night mate. [hur]

U are a Cooper S owner? Relax lah. I used to own a Mini also, when it was first intro in 2003...

↡ Advertisement