Govt to delay additional S$1.7b worth of public sector projects, WHY ?

Lv3338

why ? let crack our head !

----------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE: The government has decided to postpone an additional S$1.7 billion worth of public sector projects to further ease pressure on construction resources in Singapore.

The government had earlier announced that it would postpone about S$3 billion worth of public sector projects to after 2009.

With this, the government is deferring a total of about S$4.7 billion worth of public sector construction projects to 2010 and beyond.

The construction of the main building of the proposed Jurong General Hospital will be deferred to 2010, although the hospital will still be completed and open as scheduled by 2015.

Other deferred projects include less urgent improvement works which will not compromise Singapore

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

will they delay building of new ERP gantries???

[laugh][laugh]

on the serious side, i think it's cos of the rising and ever rising of

construction materials. esp steel.

the price of steel nearly got the company building the new Wembley

Stadium in BIG$BIG trouble

hdb affected? actaully imo this 4.7 billion r delay till recession as it help to buffer the economy and improve GDP during the bad time.

Actually gov got good intention lah.

If recession were to hit in 2009, the $1.7billion contracts from the gov jobs will come in handy for us who may need the job it gives

Plus maybe by 2010, the economy is not hot and the same contracts can be done with $1.1billion.

This saved monies can be disbursed out to the citizens, especially for the 2010 election hongbao gifts!

(edited)

ya.. mebbe used to rescue banks already. sly.gif

their account neber disclose, nobody will not at all.

Edited by Apollo

I think this is a good move. Building material cost has increased for a couple of years, cos demand is greater than supply. If the gov don't delay their mega projects....other pte projects such as IRs, condos, shopping malls, etc will suffer.

Supercharged

hmmm....can someone tell me why ERP gantry sprout FASTER than CNG refuel station sly.gif

no prize for guessing wink.gif

becos they eco friendly and consumption of CNG will add to global warming.

ok, this is drawn fr standard FAQ issued by MIW... u otang me $1 mil for rite answer.

Neutral Newbie

So is Punggol 21 + been defer again?

last time when ah goh come up with punggol 21, say until got dragon got tiger, then come asia financial crisis, whole project scale down.

end up, whole place no up no down.

now siao lee pick it up and rename punggol 21 +, add more dragon more tiger, and we got global financial crisis, is this the end again?

think now i must look forward to punggol 22.

can u wait until Punggol 25... my lifts not upgraded yet.. pls take q lumber and stand behind for ur lumber to b called.

Supercharged

u Chao liang...sry u r wrong...

Spore main profits fm oil refinery in Asia

so u owe me S$2Billion

Hypersonic

1. The 2 IR construction is going too slow, they had to put full force into it.

2. By spreading the construction project to next 5 - 7yrs, they can report good GDP for construction sector every year..

Currently construction sector reports the highest GDP growth..

then why spend so much to build artificial parks and connectors then claim to be some natural park which is hardly used by annie wan?

oh pleaze... they can only refine oil hor.. their main profit is fr peasants who r too crude to be refined.

so u own me $1 trillion

↡ Advertisement