Bad seller - Bryan09

Eviltrap

Recently bought 4 2nd hand gauges from the above-mentioned forumer here. Paid 200 bucks for them. No problem then. He still communicated with me, telling me where I can install, and that he also deals with other 2nd hand accessories.

Then come the day when I brought them to a workshop to install. The mechanic had a look at them, and asked me where are the holders and adaptor. I said they were not given to me. Next, he went to test them out. We found that out of 4 gauges, 2 were damaged.

I messaged Bryan09, and he asked me to bring to another workshop to check again coz he was VERY sure they were working when he removed them from his vehicle. I told him that I would like a refund. He said that he will find some replacements for me if they are confirmed damaged.

Next day, I went to another workshop. Same results. 2 damaged gauges. I messaged him again at night, informing him. Out of goodwill, I told him I was willing to take back only 150 bucks to cover his loss. He did not reply.

I've messaged him for 2 days, but there was no reply. Even PMed him here. But he chose to ignore everything despite he being online even until today. It's been like this since Tuesday. No news, nothing from him. It seems like he just 'disappeared' upon the confirmation of the damaged goods.

I have decided to install new gauges after this episode. But my money is still stuck with this Bryan09.

*I think I'm a carrot. Always chopped by people. Buy car get chopped. Go servicing get chopped. Now buy gauges also get chopped.*

A forumer in HWZ asked me to get some gauges from him too. But lucky for him, this Bryan09 ran out of gauges, so he was spared of the anguish of losing money and getting ignored.

I know I won't be able to get back my money, so I hope others here will be more wary of this Bryan09, and buy things from him at your own risk.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I paid 200 bucks to learn this lesson. Really hope no one else will be like me.

His mobile number is 90668948.

↡ Advertisement

hmmmmm

this looks like him too! same hp number

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1...hlight=#1830731

-------

bryan09

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:12 am Post subject: WTB: Any brand 52mm/60mm smoked face gauges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, urgently looking for any 52/60mm smoked face gauges with amber lightings. Must be in good working conditions. Buying in a set of 3 or more. Urgent!

I think I wouldn't be that angry if he did reply. But not replying at all is really over the line. He seems quite nice initially, so I was willing to compromise more.

But now, money I wun be seeing, and I also wun be compromising anymore.

However, I got no way to get back the money too. [bigcry]

Expensive lesson... [sweatdrop]

Yeah, should be him.

He said he deals with 2nd hand accessories.

Wanted to know more products from him so that can get from him initially. But now, I wun even bother any more.

Most probably will not buy 2nd hand things also. Too much problems, and very hard to get money back if got problem. [:(]

Recently bought 4 2nd hand gauges from the above-mentioned forumer here. Paid 200 bucks for them. No problem then. He still communicated with me, telling me where I can install, and that he also deals with other 2nd hand accessories.

Then come the day when I brought them to a workshop to install. The mechanic had a look at them, and asked me where are the holders and adaptor. I said they were not given to me. Next, he went to test them out. We found that out of 4 gauges, 2 were damaged.

I messaged Bryan09, and he asked me to bring to another workshop to check again coz he was VERY sure they were working when he removed them from his vehicle. I told him that I would like a refund. He said that he will find some replacements for me if they are confirmed damaged.

Next day, I went to another workshop. Same results. 2 damaged gauges. I messaged him again at night, informing him. Out of goodwill, I told him I was willing to take back only 150 bucks to cover his loss. He did not reply.

I've messaged him for 2 days, but there was no reply. Even PMed him here. But he chose to ignore everything despite he being online even until today. It's been like this since Tuesday. No news, nothing from him. It seems like he just 'disappeared' upon the confirmation of the damaged goods.

I have decided to install new gauges after this episode. But my money is still stuck with this Bryan09.

*I think I'm a carrot. Always chopped by people. Buy car get chopped. Go servicing get chopped. Now buy gauges also get chopped.*

A forumer in HWZ asked me to get some gauges from him too. But lucky for him, this Bryan09 ran out of gauges, so he was spared of the anguish of losing money and getting ignored.

I know I won't be able to get back my money, so I hope others here will be more wary of this Bryan09, and buy things from him at your own risk.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I paid 200 bucks to learn this lesson. Really hope no one else will be like me.

His mobile number is 90668948.

I bought many 2nd hand items off shc-forum...the 1st thing i ask them:" Are u willing to sign an agreement of the items u selling me are of working condition?" If not; I'll jus say: "nvm its ok then, thanks."

Make sure u get them to sign agreement wif IC, hp no etc..if not jus get other lobang...

This was where I saw that he was still coming online.

Had hoped that he was overseas, or maybe gone elsewhere, so unable to reply my smses or Pm. But once I saw that he was still coming online, that was it.

Can go on a killing spree liao. [rifle]

So assuming all are working fine, how much will you save by getting 2nd hand?

I think 200 is still not that much.. jz the time spent and the anger is really not worth it..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

As far as I know, buy/sell of 2nd hand stuff are usually COD and non-refundable, unless there is a agreement prior to the transaction. This is to be fair to both buyer and seller.

Its buyer's responsibility to know if the item he purchase is in the right condition as stated by seller. If in doubt, can always deal at the workshop and ask them to verify before buying. If its not what the seller claims, then don't buy.

There are many cases of people buying stuff and accidentaly damaging it soon after the transaction and then go after the seller and say the item sold to them are faulty. So how do you resolve this ??

Take this as a lesson learnt. $200 is well worth it if it makes you wiser in your future purchase.

Edited by Fondue