AVHU with full ipod controls and multi language

Lightspeed

Anyone knows of an AV HU (preferable in-dash screen) that has full ipod controls from the hu and supports multi language (able to read chinese text/mp3 titles from the ipod)?

Other than linux/windows car pcs.... wondering if any of the big brands have something close (Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine)

Would much appreciate some information after a fruitless search lol [:p]

Currently using old skool Pioneer AVH6560 in dash with ipod adaptor ... quite irritated with current one as ipod controls are limited and can't read chinese [knife]

↡ Advertisement

All

I've been asking the same question since 11 months ago. The answer I get everywhere is no. at best, sometimes one or two will say maybe.

The other question i ask is ease of navigation. i am spoilt by ipod/itune's way so i find all HU quite inflexible and illogical.

Since the two leaders, alpine and pioneer have these 2 deficiencies (i've not mentioned thumbdrive/HD storage vs CD issue), i've decide to move to the carputer route.

SQ will not be worse if care is taken. Many examples from mp3car.com.

9887 is not 2DIN Video HU. But it reads Chinese and Japanese text. Chinese text must be simple character (S'pore/China), not "Fan Ti" (Taiwan). So just code your MP3's properly, that's all.

It has iPod Fullspeed support. Can control iPod directly easily from HU. Play by playlist, album, singer etc. The usual iPod controls.

Edited by Vblaster_w211