Involved in Minor accident without any dent

Jamjammer

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bro,

Anyone has any experience in an minor accident with no dent?

I was the one that knock someone's back in very slow speed of less than 10km/h. I went down to check and touch the other party's rear bumper and there's no dent. Also take picture (but at night so cant see very clearly, sigh) as proof.

The other party being a new car, wanted to bring down car to authorised workshop to inspect it.

Would like to know what the damage $$$ even if authorised workshop inspect it?

Edited by Jamjammer
↡ Advertisement

offer private settlement lor... although outside no dmg, inside internal may be dmged so very hard to say~ but if go AD sure kena chop big time (borne by your insurance)

whatever the outcome, make sure report to your insurer within 24 hours under the new MCF

Neutral Newbie

Ya lor, I want to private settle but pp want to bring to authorised workshop, what can I do? Also, there's no visible damage, how to pay? My car only "kiss" the back of his. What kind of damage will there be?

Yes, I report the incident to the reporting center. I'm willing to offer resitution, but thought this is very straight forward, if there's no damage, why should I be penalised so heavily?

These are some of the questions I'm pondering? [hur]

Neutral Newbie

There was a road work on the extreme right lane. Everyone is slowing down but this car in front of me really slow in moving out so the kiss happens. I should have been more careful, sigh.

The other party is an old uncle. Though frustrated initially, the first thing I ask him is, if he's alright. Even when I called him, the first thing I ask whether he's alright. I talked to him nicely but he's still very KS, want to bring to authorised workshop. No choice lor...

Well, if there is no visible damage on his bumper, you can always claim that you did not bump into him at all, since now he wants to play punk with you.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Think I'll not take this route, esp now I have report the case to the reporting centre. Feel this is a small matter, just that I dont understand why pp are so KS not to let this matter go. No choice, I'm at the receiving end of this incident. Just hope the damage to my wallet is minimal.

Edited by Jamjammer

don bother abt him. bumpers r meant to be bumped into n is design to take on certain light impact. slow speed like tat wont cause any damage. He 1 2 go wkshop 2 check tis check tat, ask him 2 pay himself. [:|]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Precisely! Bumper are meant to withstand knock ie slow speed without any damage. Most cars today are different from cars of yesteryear. I remember I read somewhere, the bumper can withstand 40km/h impact siah.

But I think it's quite likely that he will push everything to me. Just hope authorised workshop have no time for him and ask to go in peace with no damage sighted and no charges, hahaha.

Edited by Jamjammer

The uncle is probably worried that there could be non-visible damage (esp so that it is a new car).

Just let him go through the hassle and get a assurance from the workshop.

If there are slight scratches, he may request for a bumper respray and be prepared to pay $150 - $200.

What to do, bang people backside so must bear the conseqences.

Supersonic

Think I'll not take this route, esp now I have report the case to the reporting centre. Feel this is a small matter, just that I dont understand why pp are so KS not to let this matter go. No choice, I'm at the receiving end of this incident. Just hope the damage to my wallet is minimal.

Some people like that one. Last year, my wife hit someone from the back.

Later on in that day, I called the other driver and gave him my hp and off phone number and told him to go get a quotation and let me know whether it is worthwhile to claim me or I pay out of my own pocket.

Next thing I know, I received the claim from my insurance company - the idiot did not even bother to call me.

some workshops will just simply 'help' their customer to file a claim against your insurance. Doesn't matter how much the damage is. This will affect your NCD, unless your insurer has a policy stating that 'less than $xxx claim' NCD won't be affected. Most insurers however will only be too happy to remove your NCD.

Neutral Newbie

Think there must be reasonable avenue for us to settle this out of this insurance thingy, esp if the cost is just a couple of hundred dollars. It's just dont make sense to forgo our NCD over a couple of hundred bucks le.

Can you call up the insurance company and tell them you will pay them cash and not settle via insurance claim??

Had a similar experience. Reversed into my colleague's bumper. Was raining heavily that day so couldn't see. His bumper dented, mine nothing. Wanted private settlement but he insisted insurance claim, wanting "peace of mind" etc. sigh.......

(edited)

Although there might not be visible damage on the other party's rear but it's hard to say whether there are damages incurred imternally i.e broken clips ... etc which in this case, the speed is slow hence chances of incurring any damage shouldn't be high [nod][nod][nod]

That uncle is heartpain and also because it is a new ride, he wants to bring it to the AD for a check to have a piece of mind [nod][nod][nod] Sekali, after he tell you that 'Yan Dao Eh, never mind, boh dai chi, no need to check' and the next minute the bumper alignment went off then who is he going to claim his damages from [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

I hope you understand what i mean [;)]

Maybe, you tell him to inform you the cost for the 'Inspection' & damages before proceeding further [nod][nod][nod]

Boh Pian, the general rule applys 'You bang on the rear, you pay' [nod][nod][nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Neutral Newbie

I kenna before ... kissed a pretty new car and left some scratches. Decide to settle privately since both party very gentlemen.

Car was brought back to AD for assessment and requires minor touch-up. Since no surveyor involved, total damage less that $300, inclusive of 1 day car rental for loss of use.

If you were to claim insurance, the cost would have easily gone beyond 1 k.

↡ Advertisement