NTUC chief concerned global economy heading towards stagflation

Ahwhye

Let's guess who is the next one to come out to tok about the wage hike & inflation thingie.....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../364051/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Labour chief Lim Swee Say has urged workers to work together to cope with a global economy which may be heading towards a state of stagflation, one sparked off by low growth and high inflation.

The NTUC secretary general made the call in his National Day message.

Singapore's National Day is being celebrated amidst concerns about the slowing global economy and rising inflation, said Mr Lim.

And to tackle these concerns, the labour movement, the employers and the government are addressing two core priorities.

First, coping with the impact of inflation without being caught in a price-wage spiral.

"The worse thing that any country does at a time of high inflation would be for the unions and workers to push for wage inflation. Wage inflation is different from wage increment. Wage inflation means you are pushing up wages to fully offset the inflation," said the labour chief.

Mr Lim added that companies in the unionised sector are currently in talks on their annual increment.

One key consideration that is being taken into account in these negotiations is the current state of inflation.

The labour movement noted that private sector companies in the unionised sector have been giving a higher percentage of built-in wage increases in the first half of this year compared to last year, with the figure in the range of 4.4 per cent against 3.8 percent in 2007.

- CNA/ir

↡ Advertisement

i think wrongcantsac sud come out and tok abt staggering crime and global concern of terrorist attacks...

not go pple kena attack all over, lifts, carpark, go pang sai also tio stunt. wallet stunt, laptop stunt, meter stunt, even SUV also stunt.

oh wait, tat one is supposed to b his job? sly.gif

hoi... [smash] ...from economy rice tok until crime......

but hor if lousy economy causes spike in crime, then under whose jurisdicktion huh?

Turbocharged

The bunch of crap has been sprouting bullshiit for the longest time and the underlying reason is because its run by SEE-CORE-LARS!

SEE-CORE-LARS only know how to talk but don't know how to put things into action when it comes to the crunch.

They only follow orders but don't have creativity.

They only care for their own kar chng but don't care for others which defeats the purpose of serving the PUBIC (wait should be PUBLIC)!

Inflation hard hits the ones in a place without competition. Where everything is controlled.

There's one easy way to tackle this problem but it seems its not so easy to some ppl.

kong n kong so much.... still no solution from them for the ever rising cost of living......

everyday tell peasants to work together lah..... cope together lah.... i think everyone is sian liao.... got anything new or not???

boh solution better dun everyday come out n liam keng..... si beh sian....

i wonder if this cumming NDP got use any cheaper or house brand fireworks or not.........

When are they going to stop talking and do something?

Aren't we already going through hard times? Must they, the ridiculously paid politicians always rub it in? Why don't they come live amongst us, got paid at our (peasant) rates, drive our cars (without subsidies - if there was any in the first place) and feel it for themselves? furious.giffurious.giffurious.gif

Got so much time to talk and can't even catch a limping man that by now has limped halfway round the world...

This is about meritocrazy wat, as long as study hard hard, score high high, kena designated as sekohlar, then hor seh liao all advancement path laid out shui shui liao.

Just write policy papers, follow SOP, dishing out craps at the high level already can earn kao kao liao, wat for stick out their necks for action?

BTW long time never heard the term "Public Service" liao, do they still call themself that? it seems more like a "Master-Slaves" type of things in recent years....

Mr Brown already said we peasants are the source of all the problems, we must be thankful to our Master for the constant enlightenment......

still dare to ask for solution, later they show kindness to help us then we all [dead] ...

i think wrongcantsac sud come out and tok abt staggering crime and global concern of terrorist attacks...

not go pple kena attack all over, lifts, carpark, go pang sai also tio stunt. wallet stunt, laptop stunt, meter stunt, even SUV also stunt.

oh wait, tat one is supposed to b his job? sly.gif

Juz now at lift saw my neighbour, he say his lorry juz kena stolen at car park, juz come back from police station, his relative merc also kena stolen in car park 1 yr ago. He advise me to put those anti theft thingy in my car to prevent such thing from happening. I didn't know tat spore so jia lat. Open car park some more [dizzy]

Juz now at lift saw my neighbour, he say his lorry juz kena stolen at car park, juz come back from police station, his relative merc also kena stolen in car park 1 yr ago. He advise me to put those anti theft thingy in my car to prevent such thing from happening. I didn't know tat spore so jia lat. Open car park some more

Can't remember where I read from, there seems be an average of 100 vehicles stolen each year in SG. Don't know still about the same number or not?

Regards,

muahaha...

yah...i think they can help the poor(but they deem not so poor) by increasing another 2% GST.....

maybe this time can help more by increasing to 20%.... mauahhahaa... tats the logic....

Neutral Newbie

Since he got his pay rise, why can't this fellow spend some money on grooming himself up and tidy up his hair, and take up some lessons on speaking standard English?

↡ Advertisement